NEW HERE!!!

Options
Heeey everyone, im new to mfp and im hoping it can help me reach my goals :D Just a quick question for experienced users, do you find the calorie and nutritional goals they give you actually work? If you stay within your suggested limit and exercise a few times a week, does the weight start to come off? Im in need of some inspiration, so any responses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• HappyRN
    HappyRN Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I entered my own goals based on whatever program I was using at the time. So far I have had good success
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    It works if you are honest and stick to it. Check out my profile pictures if you need proof. :wink:
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I've used the recommended goals and I've lost 20 lbs this month. I am very strict on my calorie/fat counts and I don't eat my earned cals from exercise. So that is where I'm at. Good Luck!
  • liz_bolin
    liz_bolin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    In my experience I would say Yes. I stay within my calories given by MFP and I exercise everyday. Since Sunday I have lost 4.6 pounds. I have planned out my meals for the whole week so I know when I need to exercise more, becuase of my calorie intake. Good Luck!
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You bet it works I started seriously on Jan 1 and so far have lost 3 pounds and a 1 1/2 not huge results but it does definitely work :) You can also check out all the success stories in the forums thay are wonderful inspiration. Good Luck!!

I also see you are from Canada as well - where are you from?
  • canadianchick11
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Im hoping to see results soon since i find my calorie goals very do-able! Good luck to you all! To whoever asked, im from the Toronto area :)
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've only been here for about 3 weeks, and I've lost 6 pounds already. (I'm trying to be realistic enough about this that I'm not expecting those kinds of numbers consistently, but it's been awfully nice to see so far.) :)

If you stay within your calorie range (and don't go too far under), you'll see results. It's pretty much scientifically impossible NOT to. Weight loss isn't a guessing game, like many people think it is. If you burn more calories than you consume, you'll lose fat. It WILL happen.

Good luck!

-Erik