Question about logging exercise

Options
We are in NE IL, where we have been hit by the Snowpocalypse. :) I spent about an hour today, walking through the drifts to check on my horse, see our country road snowed over, and just plain check out the fun. How would you classify that? My heart rate was certainly up, but, of course, there's no entry in the database for "walking through deep snow, checking out the farm." I called it "walking, very brisk pace," and called it a bit short, at 45 minutes. What say you?

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Maybe high impact aerobics?
  • ajohnson86
    Options
    I can't get it to work on adding exercise at all, I am so frustrated. Do you know how to add any type?
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    We are in NE IL, where we have been hit by the Snowpocalypse. :) I spent about an hour today, walking through the drifts to check on my horse, see our country road snowed over, and just plain check out the fun. How would you classify that? My heart rate was certainly up, but, of course, there's no entry in the database for "walking through deep snow, checking out the farm." I called it "walking, very brisk pace," and called it a bit short, at 45 minutes. What say you?

Yeah, I'd do that as well. I prefer to under-report exercise (when I report it at all) so that I don't get in the habit of fudging the reports for extra food.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,243 Member
    Options
    Or get a Heart Rate Monitor that will continuously record your heart rate and calculate calories burned. Put it on and record the number of calories as a quick entry.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I can't get it to work on adding exercise at all, I am so frustrated. Do you know how to add any type?

Do you mean you want to create your own exercise? Or are you having problems with the board?