Slow & Steady

Options
Just read a post about slow and steady wins the race...I am in love with this sentiment right now. I have always been sort of heavy but last year I quit smoking, my dad passed away and I was let go from my job of 6 years...all in that order. Through all of this I fell in love with the most amazing man. I gained about 25 pounds in 1 year...and I wasn't small to begin with. Of course my boyfriend is extremely fit, active and burns a million calories just sitting still. He loves me anyway and I love him for that but I do want to look better for him. I don't feel the way I look if anyone understands that. I do bikram yoga twice a week and will start jogging again now that the weather is getting better...
I get impatient though...slow and steady...I love this website. Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful success stories and the ones that struggle...

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Slow and steady really is the way to go...i've talked about this so many times on my blog so I completely understand and agree with what you are saying! I also run and do yoga and both have helped my progress so much! Good luck and keep up the great attitude.