Black Bean Brownies

Options
I was gonna try the brownie suggestion on here .. puree a can of black beans and bake with a box of brownie mix - anyone know the nutritional info on this?
Any do's or donts?

Replies

• luckymommy
    luckymommy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    last week i tried to make black bean brownies (i posted earlier) and even though my recipe wasnt using a box mix, they were nasty!! I cant wait to hear how yours turn out, i would like to give them another try...
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    i've heard of using canned pumpkin, but not black beans. hmmm... let us know how they turn out!
  • Charrisse
    Options
    Oohh pumpkin???? That sounds yummy! Just a can of pumpkin and brownie mix?
  • unckat09
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has the recipe with the nutritional information.
  • unckat09
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/06/black-bean-brownies-2-pts.html

Black Bean Brownies
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 20 servings • Serving Size: 1 brownie • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 4 pts
    Calories: 138.1 • Fat: 2.6 g • Protein: 2.9 g • Carb: 28 g • Fiber: 1.8 g

15 oz can black beans
    19.5 oz box chocolate brownie mix
    Open can of beans, drain and rinse well. Put beans back in the can and fill can with water. Put beans and water in blender until smooth. Mix pureed beans with brownie package mix. DO NOT add eggs or oil. Spray baking dish with Pam. Cook brownies according to package directions. Cool and serve
  • dmoses
    Options
    i used devils food cake mix. here's the recipe from hungry girl (yum yum brownies):

Yum Yum Brownie Muffins

(serving size: 1 Muffin, or 3 minis - 181 calories, 3.5g fat, 37g carbs, 2g fiber, 2g protein -- PointsPlus™ value 5*)

This super-simple 2-ingredient recipe is a Weight Watchers Fave!

1 box devil's food cake mix
    1 can solid pack pumpkin (15 oz.)

Directions:
    Mix the two ingredients together. Don't add anything else that may be mentioned on the box, such as eggs, oil, or water. The mixture will be very thick and you will be tempted to add in other things to make the batter smoother. DO NOT DO THIS AS IT WILL RUIN EVERYTHING! Place batter into muffin tins (or mini muffin tins) lined with paper, or sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 12 regular or 36 mini muffins.
  • Charrisse
    Options
    AWESOME guys! Thanks!!
  • dmoses
    Options
    but you can also just use a box of brownie mix and canned pumpkin.
  • kingkimi1213
    kingkimi1213 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I used to make black bean brownies and I just didnt like the taste. People swore up and down on blogs that you can't tell the difference. But I could taste and texture.

Brownies in general are a weakness of mine so I found out I like no pudge brownies. They are amazing!

But I say if you want to try the black bean brownies go for it! Might as well try it!
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I must be the only one that cringes at the thought of black beans in brownies. Yuck.