cupcakes n cookies????

Options
how often is "in moderation"????i need like...once a day, once a week, ,.....etc..... lol

Replies

• mmmary201
    Options
    LOL Very good question. I'll be waiting as well for the answer.
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    bump
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I eat a vitatop every day. It seems like dessert to me.....almost. :smile:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits into your day (calorie-wise), you can have it. Of course if you are diabetic or risk being diabetic you need to watch your processed sugars like a hawk. "In moderation" I would say is once a week as a treat.

Lots of people on MFP swear by eating a square of dark chocolate to satisfy a craving but reduce calories.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    If it's within your calories you could have it everyday. Just remember it is using calories for something that's probably not giving you any nutrtional benefit so be sure you're getting what you need.
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i usually eat one "bad" thing a day. 200 calories or less. and i don't eat it if i don't have the calories for it but somehow i always work something in :)
  • jamesadcox
    Options
    Try to limit portion and qty. What good is it to have one 6" cookie, over six 1" cookies? Try to curb your cravings with small portions. When you want cookies try those 100 calorie packs to satisfy the craving. If you deprive yourself you will end up binging and killing your progress. You can have chocolate everyday it becomes a matter of how much at any one time. Good luck!
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Questions you want to ask yourself is if you have 3 cookies is it worth the 360 cals? I can make you an insane salad that will fill you for 3 hours with those cals. There treats-rewards for when you are under. For insance my wife made some cookies last night I dodged them but got my *kitten* up in the middle of hte night and threw some peanut butter on one and ate it. I actaully added it inthe middle of the night to my log, I stayed under by 200 cals even with the cookie.

I guess you can work it in when you are under your cals for the day but you have to sacrifce the cals somewhere else

good luck
  • Lexie71
    Lexie71 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I eat them whenever I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want them. During "certain times of the month" that is every day. Other times I can take it or leave it. I lost 50 pounds in 2010 and in January 2011 I've lost 13 pounds so far.I believe this is directly related to learning how to recognize my habit eating patterns and changing them. A book/program called "Am I Hungry?" is what I have used/am using to recognize and change these habits so that all foods fit and I never diet again. I think twice and sometimes three times before I eat anything but I no longer think in terms of "good" food and "bad" food or that I am "good" when I eat soemthing "healthy" and "Bad" when I eat cupcakes and cookies. I ask, "What do I want? What do I have? What do I need?" and try to keep a balance that includes foods that used to have power over me....foods I used to crave because I "shouldn't" have them.
    I have a long way to go but this is just one small part of my journey in this life. Because of that, I'm in no hurry to get to the finish!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options

OOOOH ME TOO ME TOO!!!!! I heat up a chocolate vita top muffin for 30 seconds and then top it with a scoop of Eating Right no sugar added vanilla ice cream! As often as I have 'em in my fridge!!! :laugh:
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Moderation is up to you. Honestly. I allow myself a cheat meal once a week or so (sometimes less) so that's my moderation.

A good, low fat recipe for cupcakes is: (Thank you Hungrygirl!)

1 box devil's food cake
    1 can pureed pumpkin
    Mix
    Bake as directed in cupcake cups
    Top with fat free whipped cream for a little somethin' extra.

DELISH. I am actually making these for my youngest's first birthday in a few weeks.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Try to limit portion and qty. What good is it to have one 6" cookie, over six 1" cookies? Try to curb your cravings with small portions. When you want cookies try those 100 calorie packs to satisfy the craving. If you deprive yourself you will end up binging and killing your progress. You can have chocolate everyday it becomes a matter of how much at any one time. Good luck!

I would say the opposite and have the real thing. At least one real cookie wont taste like fake chemical sugars and will be satisfying unlike the dryer diet cookies that have nothing natural in them.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options

OOOOH ME TOO ME TOO!!!!! I heat up a chocolate vita top muffin for 30 seconds and then top it with a scoop of Eating Right no sugar added vanilla ice cream! As often as I have 'em in my fridge!!! :laugh:

Me three me three lol. I heat mine up and add a little squirt of reddi wip.
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    As long as it fits into your day (calorie-wise), you can have it. Of course if you are diabetic or risk being diabetic you need to watch your processed sugars like a hawk. "In moderation" I would say is once a week as a treat.

Lots of people on MFP swear by eating a square of dark chocolate to satisfy a craving but reduce calories.

the dark chocolate works for me... =)
  • Thorneapple
    Options
    I divide things into 3 categories - Everyday - 1-2 times a week - 1-2 times a month.

Cookies and cake falls into the 1-2 times a week category, but only if I can fit them into my daily calorie target.

Stuff like pizza, fast food and alcohol fall into the 1-2 times a month category. Although those are often even less frequently than that.
  • grangerdm
    grangerdm Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump
  • grangerdm
    grangerdm Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Moderation is up to you. Honestly. I allow myself a cheat meal once a week or so (sometimes less) so that's my moderation.

A good, low fat recipe for cupcakes is: (Thank you Hungrygirl!)

1 box devil's food cake
    1 can pureed pumpkin
    Mix
    Bake as directed in cupcake cups
    Top with fat free whipped cream for a little somethin' extra.

DELISH. I am actually making these for my youngest's first birthday in a few weeks.

That sounds sooooooo Good! What is the calorie content on that?
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    i could answer this and tell you what you "dont" want to hear so I just wont say anything:wink:
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I always just ask myself if it is going to taste so good that it is worth the calories.

If it is a regular Chips-Ahoy, then 99% of the time, I evaluate it as "not worth it". They're really not that good. But if a friend has made his amazingly delicious homemade cranberry and white chocolate chip cookies, then yes-- that's worth one. Maybe even two. ;)

Thinking like this has helped me eat a lot healthier over all. I used to be a total chocoholic-- if chocolate candy was in front of me, I would never say no to it. Now, if it is just regular old grocery store quality chocolate, I find it easy to pass on it. I know what a Hershey's bar tastes like. It's good, but not OMG AMAZING good, and it isn't worth the calories. If someone offers me a piece of Godiva dark chocolate, I'll gladly accept-- and do so without feeling guilty, because having something like that every now and then is really just fine.
  • lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    what is a vitatop?