Im ready to lose

Replies

• janesday25
    Options
    Im ready to lose
  • sturge161
    sturge161 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You have come to the right place. Read the blogs for a ton of good advice and motivation, log all of your meals and don't get mad at yourself if you have a bad day- we all do! Welcome!
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Ditto to everything sturge161 said. (I’m snagging your ditto Julie :bigsmile: )
    Welcome it’s good to have you here.
    If you have any questions just shout. :flowerforyou:
  • Najah5150
    Options
    You've come to the right place for support!!!:wink:
  • janesday25
    Options
    thanks to all for the support i really need it!! today is my third day and i just can't seem to stay on track... in the morning im good, but by lunchtime i just can't seem to stay away from the junk... i really wanna lose any suggestions on staying focused?:sad:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    The one thing that helps most for me is planning. It is said all the time here but it is so true. I keep yogurt in my fridge at all times. This way I can have a bowl of yogurt with granola or Whole Grain Total for breakfast or snack. It is filling and satisfying enough to last me till I can eat normally around 10 or 11. I also plan a snack, fruit usually or a satiety drink which is 90 calories, sometimes a few crackers. I only get 5 to 10 minutes to sit down for a snack before I am off to do something else. When I leave work I have a list on my fridge of the lunch menu for the week. If I plan it out I am more likely to stick to it. Soups are terrific I have found quite a few that are around 100-150 calories per serving. I also love sauteed vegetable and salsa plain or in a tortilla. My afternoon snack is perhaps where I fall apart most. But a good day for is an english muffin with some cashew butter and jelly on it. Dinners vary quite a bit.

All in all the biggest thing for me is planning. Water. And Patience. It takes time for our bodies to get used to eating more healthy but the cravings do get easier. I still crave ice cream and I do allow it but I make sure I am staying in my calorie limit.

Eve
  • janesday25
    Options
    thanks alot i will try planning....sounds like a good idea:smile: