Bedtime Drink

Options
I like to have a hot drink before bedtime, but not with caffeine, was having options until i was told not to have chocolate due to migraines, so have been having extra light horlicks, but looking at the calories i need to find another alternative

Any ideas?

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    chamomile tea
  • missboriken
    missboriken Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Teavana's red teas are wonderful. No caffeine and full of flavor.
  • pirategirl00
    Options
    how about hot green tea...it cuts cravings and it's good for you.
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    Options
    I do vanilla sleepytime tea or the extra wellness sleepytime tea (has valerian root in it) by Celestial Seasons. They're so calming and relaxing before bed :yawn:
  • Thorneapple
    Options
    I'd say herbal tea ... there are many different flavors to choose from.
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    herbal tea!
  • Manda1987
    Options
    Steer clear of anything but herbal teas. Even green tea has caffeine in it.

I'm a big fan of bedtime teas. If those aren't your thing, peppermint tea is also uncaffeinated and very satisfying!
  • lindainak
    Options
    Buy yourself a pretty tea set and make herbal caffeine free teas before bed. I even have a candle stand to keep it warm while I watch TV or read a book.
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I can't sleep if I am hungry (or think I'm hungry) so I have 1/2 a cup warmed unsweetened soymilk with 1 teaspoon unsulphured molassas. It puts me out like a light.
  • ramonaquimby
    ramonaquimby Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i love jasmine, hibiscus, mint, thin mint green, good earth's sweet and spicy.
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I had to google 'horlicks' ;)

So, I suppose warming some NF or 2% milk wouldn't satisfy? You can add a drop of vanilla and a dusting of cinnamon or nutmeg for flavor. Or perhaps a warm cup of decaf tea with a splash of milk.

I myself am more of a scotch before bed kind, so it's hard for me to think of anything. Good luck!
  • amyamoeba
    Options
    chamomile tea, i love Twinings chamomile and spiced apple! if your not sure, Twinings were giving away free samples on their website.
  • Gillywooly1978
    Options
    You are all brilliant.

I have a pot of herbal teas in the cupboard, have no idea why i didn't think of it (feel a bit silly now)
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I love the Stash Chai teas -- I get the Vanilla Chai and Chai Spice (both decaf). Very good with vanilla soy or almond milk!
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    so I have to agree about Chamomile, peppermint, red tea(also called roibos) and most other herbal teas that say caffeine free. and one person mentioned molasses, I really like a cup of hot water with a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses - 50 calories but very high in iron and calcium, and some other minerals too.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I had to google 'horlicks' ;)

Hope you didn't do it at work, you may get all red-flagged for attempting to look at naughty stuff!

I've had to google information about hummers and reefers (trucks) since I work in insurance and so I'm careful to search full sentences.
  • Latiduh
    Options
    Do yall drink the sleepy tea right before bed? Or like 30 mins before bed?
  • jahncrish
    Options
    I recommend you to drink Ginger tea.

:smile: