Calories in and out... ???? Need Help with Clarification

Options
I need to know if I am still messing up my weight loss - since I have not been trying to eat my exercise calories.

OR should I change my exercise/activity level with the newer exercise routine that I have been maintaining...

Currently I should consume 1200 calories per day based on what I entered in as my life style (sedentary) and that was selected because for the majority of the day I work in an office setting (sitting mostly).
But I do work out regularly every morning averaging about 800 to 1000 calories burned per day…And this does not account for the regular calories burned just at rest.

So yesterday, I exercised/worked-out around 1227 calories (add that to my allowed 1200 calories) allowing me to have a daily goal of 2427. I consumed 1322 calories from my food diary...leaving, 1105 remaining. Does this mean I am still putting myself into starvation mode, or are the exercise calories treated like bonus outage...??? Or do I need to change something???
Please help me get some clarification.

I came across an earlier topic but can’t find it again, so if this is similar to a previous conversation I do apologize for the repeat.
:noway:

Replies

• whatheH
    Options
    you need to change something. You have to consume 1200 calories or you go into starvation mode.
    Try changing your life style. See if you can get it to a 1800 cal diet
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Definitely not eating enough:

You are allowed 1200. You burn 1000. That means your body has to survive and function on 200 calories for the day. That is unhealthy and unsustainable.

I am the same, my average exercise burn is 1000 +. I eat most of my exercise calories but will leave about a 200 calorie cushion to account for any high estimates by MFP or gym machines on calories burned. When I was trying to leave 600-700 I found myself binging every couple of days like my body was trying to catch up on missing calories. Now I'm on a much more even keel and cravings occur but they are controllable.

Good luck.