Who needs exercise-laugh more instead!

Options
Found this on the web and was surprised--all we need to do is laugh more and no more exercise!!!!!!!!! :tongue:

What may surprise you even more is the fact that researchers estimate that laughing 100 times is equal to 10 minutes on the rowing machine or 15 minutes on an exercise bike. Laughing can be a total body workout! Blood pressure is lowered, and there is an increase in vascular blood flow and in oxygenation of the blood, which further assists healing. Laughter also gives your diaphragm and abdominal, respiratory, facial, leg and back muscles a workout. That's why you often feel exhausted after a long bout of laughter -- you've just had an aerobic workout!

http://people.howstuffworks.com/laughter7.htm

Replies

• shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Found this on the web and was surprised--all we need to do is laugh more and no more exercise!!!!!!!!! :tongue:

What may surprise you even more is the fact that researchers estimate that laughing 100 times is equal to 10 minutes on the rowing machine or 15 minutes on an exercise bike. Laughing can be a total body workout! Blood pressure is lowered, and there is an increase in vascular blood flow and in oxygenation of the blood, which further assists healing. Laughter also gives your diaphragm and abdominal, respiratory, facial, leg and back muscles a workout. That's why you often feel exhausted after a long bout of laughter -- you've just had an aerobic workout!

http://people.howstuffworks.com/laughter7.htm
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    That's it. No more exercise for me. I'll have my kids come over daily and give me a good tickle so I can laugh my guts out instead. :laugh:
  • jsmalla
    jsmalla Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    And here I was thinking that I wasn't working out like I should. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Next question: should you eat those laughing calories?

I love to laugh but haven't been able to find it on the MFP exercise calc. :laugh: :laugh: