Question for those who've lost a lot....

Options
2»

Replies

• ktblueyz
    Options
    I would compare it to like when I was pregnant (3x) my belly grw huge, but then when the baby was out and I lost the weight my tummy will still never go back to the way it was before.
  • ashleyinthestars
    ashleyinthestars Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I agree with those who say they'd rather have the loose skin than the alternative. I have some serious bat wings and some awesome (sarcasm) belly flaps, and my boobs are a sad sight without a bra. I do tons of cardio, core, and arm exercises, and I drink at least a half gallon of water a day (usually it's closer to a gallon). I haven't had kids yet so I'm not going to look into a tummy tuck until then...and maybe (just maybe!) by then I wont really need one? *crosses fingers*
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I agree with those who say they'd rather have the loose skin than the alternative. I have some serious bat wings and some awesome (sarcasm) belly flaps, and my boobs are a sad sight without a bra. I do tons of cardio, core, and arm exercises, and I drink at least a half gallon of water a day (usually it's closer to a gallon). I haven't had kids yet so I'm not going to look into a tummy tuck until then...and maybe (just maybe!) by then I wont really need one? *crosses fingers*

I second this. The main places I'm noticing loose skin is my breasts, upper arms, and belly. There is some around my thighs but not as much as everywhere else. My husband isn't complaining and I love the way I feel now and how I look. Remember that we are our own toughest critic.

I should also mention that I've lost 88 pounds since 3/23/10 and I have 2 children under the age of three.I drink water all time and I'm hoping that my age combined with strength training will help my skin bounce back.

Either way I'll take skinny and healthy with some loose skin over being nearly 300 lbs, unhappy, and sick any day.
  • LD6686
    LD6686 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I admit, I am worried about this too. I really don't want that horrid pouch of skin....thats almost worse than the fat filling it. Having to tuck the skin flaps into trousers etc *shudder*

Sadly, I am probably going ot end up with tons of excess skin, as I need to lose about 6 stone. I'm hoping I can then afford a tummy tuck. Really don't want that skin! I'd feel really embarrassed to let my fiancee see me naked if I had droopy skin everywhere :( Really scared now haha! Must be a way to lose that sort of weight and tone the skin at same time
  • Cworden
    Options
    First things first....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!