P90X Plyometrics

Options
2»

Replies

• rpage1979
    Options
    I'll start by saying that I am 31 years old, 5'4", 180 lbs (short and stocky) and am a very active person. I was not doing any type of workout before starting P90X on 3/28/11. I did chest and back on my first day....woke up very sore the next day. I then proceeded to do Plyometrics on the next day......brought it the whole video and woke up the next morning and could barely walk! I did not go to the doctor but through research and comparing it with the pain I felt; I realized that I had injured the ligament on the outside of my left knee that controls side to side motion! I honestly believe the exercise that injured me was the one where you jump and spin 180 degrees and then reverse it. It has been 5 days and I finally woke up this morning pain free! My knee still feels weak because of the brace I was wearing at work, but I believe that I will be replacing my plyo. workout with cardio X as well lol!

Rob
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your injury. It's very easy to go overboard with plyos, particularly in the beginning. It can put an amazing stress on connective tissue that is not used to that volume of torture, and is often overlooked in training.
  • sbblackwell
    Options
    I am glad to have found this message board, I too am having knee pain in my knees joints. Not sure what exactly is causing it. I am doing P90x Classic, usually wear nike shocks and on hardwood floor. What kind of shoes would you recommend? And what kind of knee brace?
  • ManuArg
    ManuArg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also finding that barefoot is the way to go for me... I did Jillian Michaels's 30-day Shred barefoot for a whole month without knee issues. Then one week, I don't know why, I decided to wear sneakers and bam! I had knee pain that lasted for a week.
    I got non-skid yoga socks and they seem to be doing the trick :) Hope so, because I started JMBR yesterday.
  • ManuArg
    ManuArg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    BTW, I am using tis knee brace, it is very inexpensive and I feel my knees have better support. http://www.amazon.com/Mueller-Jumpers-Strap-1-Count-Packages/dp/B00267SFDE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1361297080&sr=8-2&keywords=mueller+knee+brace
    It does not seem to help when I wear sneakers though.