extra calories?

Options
So I'm new and today because of some exercise I have almost 2800 calories left today when mydaily goal is 2000. Should I be able to eat more or should I stick to my 2000 calorie goal?

Replies

• peggybrant
    peggybrant Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    well mfp has it set up to have you lose weight while eating your exercise calories. I try not to personaly but that's me. Welcome to the site it really is an awesome support system
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Eat and enjoy all 2800! :D
  • nilyam75
    Options
    If mfp put u as 2800 i would try to eat them all. It already has you on a defict and if u go any lower than that u can put ur body in starvation mode which will have your body hold on too fat:(
  • Samana06
    Samana06 Posts: 107
    Options
    If you're hungry eat them! If not be proud of yourself!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Eat them. For a better understanding go to the home button at the top of this forum, click on general diet and weight loss help, then click on the link for newbies please read. There are several links then posted that will explain why you should be eating at least some of your exercise calories.
  • Thorneapple
    Options
    Only eat them if you are hungry and need to eat the extra calories.
  • miznel80
    miznel80 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Eat if you feel hungry :) I'm always hungry. I wish I had 2800 calories to eat lol :) My husband is taller than me and because he's a man he gets to eat more. Just try not to go over your allotted calories :) That's what I do. I finally got into some jeans (and they fit perfect!!) that I couldn't wear for the last year!
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I personally only eat my extra exercise calories if Im hungry and even then Ive only ever eaten an extra 100 calories out of the 1500 available. Me personally I have got so used to sticking to my daily calorie allowance without exercise that I dont find the need to eat any extra!