What is motivating you???

Options
I need some mega motivation so I wanna hear why you want to lose weight. What are some good goals. What makes you discouraged and how do you get around it? I haven't seen my scale budge and it's effing depressing. >_<

Replies

• SARRY562
    SARRY562 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Right now my motivation is my 10 year high school reunion.. and Me just wanted to be proud of my self for finishing a goal i set for my self..
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Being healthy and strong. Looking good is nice, but feeling good is better. :smile:
  • SamWTFx3
    Options
    I'd have to say, the greatest motivation for me is because I'm in highschool. I'm still young, and have plenty of time to get into shape, but I want to be in shape before I finish my sophomore year. I want to be beautiful for summer and a swimsuit is a great motivator for me! Every day I think about why I want this, and then I think of the benefits. Already, I feel much better and I've been doing this site for almost a month. If you don't see the scale budge, take a cheat day where you let yourself go a few calories over or just don't workout for a day and then switch up your routine the next.
    Good luck to you!
  • dunztar
    Options
    My image is the best motivator! I want to look great
  • SailorMoon007
    SailorMoon007 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My son. I want to be around for a long time for him. And my husband. I want to nag him for many more years. :wink:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I have never liked my body. Even when I was skinny, I was out of shape and flabby. I turn 30 at the end of August, and I would like to enter my 30's feeling better about myself than I ever did in my 20's. :) I want to lose the pounds, but I'll be happy even if I don't lose another pound, as long as I get healthier and keep feeling as good as I'm feeling right now.
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    Motivation to make it through this month.... a concert with my hubby wearing a shirt that almost isn't too small anymore, and a weekend getaway with the same hubby lol :love:

Motivation beyond that? Summer's coming! I have so many cute and sexy things that I haven't been able to wear in a long time!
  • eed_bookworm
    Options
    I too am frustrated at not seeing much downward movement on the scale. However, I feel good about myself for logging my food and exercise. I feel more in control of my eating habits and my exercise schedule . . . and I do notice my slacks feeling roomier. Positive feedback from MFP pals is nice, too!! Best of success to you!
  • amandacheryl
    amandacheryl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow, those are all great. I love hearing about what is motivating people. Everyone has great motivators!
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say my health was a huge motivator for me. However I had lots of tests done right before I decided to go on this journey. Apparently I'm a healthy fat person.
    So my motivation is being able to wear a bathing suit...in public...without a skirt around it. I want to take my kids to the beach and not be embarrassed to get in the water. I want to wear shorts again!! I haven't worn shorts in at least 6 years. Also, it's too hot in Ohio to be fat anymore. I hate the humidity and not having a neck or a space between my arms and rolls made it that much worse!
  • kcampbell453
    kcampbell453 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I guess besides the fact that I want and need to be around for my kids, my major motivation this time is a book called "Made to Crave" by Lisa Turkurst. It's a Christian based book that focuses on why we eat the way we do, and the way to change that. I have been reading it for a couple of weeks now, and I have to say, it's been the best thing for me. It has motivated me to eat right and to exercise, and I know that even if I miss a day or am off a day on calories, tomorrow is a new day and I just need to realize that and move on, not to focus on the past. It's a great book and I would highly recommend it!!