Zumba

sdjlaj
sdjlaj Posts: 1
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello...Does anyone know how many calories Zumba burns an hour??

Replies

• I have read several places that an average 150 lb person will burn 500-800 an hour.
    I have found that if you enter your Zumba time online as high impact aerobics you get a better idea of your calorie burn!
  • I have read several places that an average 150 lb person will burn 500-800 an hour.
    I have found that if you enter your Zumba time online as high impact aerobics you get a better idea of your calorie burn!
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    from 300 to 800 to even 1000! BUT... that all depends on the persons effort. i can run for 30 minutes and burn 200 calories, but if i have a high incline, a high resistance, and going at a fast speed i can burn 400 calories. it all depends on how hard you work.
  • lucyh6773
    lucyh6773 Posts: 4 Member
    I put it in as high impact aerobics and it comes out at 432 calories for me!
  • around 10 calories per minute for me. it really depends. its a lot though no matter what.
  • I asked my instructor tonight and she told me that it was between 500 and 800 depending on how you kept up with her. My asthma holds me back so I just manage the 500 :) I list it under dancing aerobic :)
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    It really is worth it to get a heart rate monitor. I bought one just because Zumba wasn't in the database. I got it from WalMart for about $30 and it's like a wrist watch.

For basic Zumba, I found I usually burn a little over 1000 calories. For Zumba Toning (less hoppy dance moves, more controlled motions using hand weights) I burn around 800. Now, I am a big girl, my heart rate is high - around the 150-160 range most of the workout. My heart rate is fast, and the faster the heart rate, the more calories you burn.
This discussion has been closed.