Slow cooker receipes and casserole receips with chicken, tur

Options
jlmnk1313
jlmnk1313 Posts: 207 Member
I have a family who only eats chicken, turkey and fish and I HATE standing over a stove but i LOVE to bake and do my slow cooker. If anyone has any great receipes I would love it!!!

(side note: I can't have yeast, sugar, white potato's or corn) I will take any receipes for my family and I can alter them or make myself something else but if ANYONE has ANY receipes without these ingrediants I would truely owe you one if you could share please!!! Thanks everyone!!

Replies

• thewebcat
    Options
    I like this lady's site - she even has a published cookbook if you want to order it.
    http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Awesome thank you so much for the info!!!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Well it's not a casserole - but it's still easy and delicious! The marinade just takes a minute to make - no stove required.

Baked Tilapia

Two Tilapia filets

Marinade:
    6 T EV Olive Oil
    1 T fresh lemon juice (I usually just juice half a lemon)
    1 T chopped fresh parsley
    1 tsp of dried basil
    1 tsp of salt (I usually cut in half)
    1 tsp pepper
    1 garlic clove - minced

Mix all together - marinate fish in saran wrap or shallow dish in marinade for 1.5 hours. Drain off excess marinade. Wrap fish in foil and bake at 450 for 15 minutes.

Stolen (and modified) from Allrecipes.com. 5 star recipe. My husband and kids (ages 3 and 1) LOVE it!
  • rlmarti4
    rlmarti4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just made turkey chili in my slow cooker today. Turned out great and its under 375 calories per serving (makes 4 servings)!

I cooked 1 lb. of ground turkey last night and kept it in the refrigerator to make it easier this morning.

This morning I put it in the slow cooker with 1 can of Walmart brand beans with chili sauce (comes in a can), 1 can drained light red kidney beans and half a can of tomato sauce.
    I added 1 tsp. ground cumin, 1.5 tbs. chili powder, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. onion powder (my bf hates onions so i use powder), a pinch salt and pepper.

I also added a cup water to make sure it didn't over cook. Then when I got home I added some flour to thicken it.

Since its all cooked already it doesn't really matter how long it cooks as long as its hot, but I let it stew for 5 hours on low.
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Thanks girl!! I am gonna try this with catfish on Friday cause my family is driving my crazy asking for catfish!!!!! Thanks so much it sounds great!!!!! And p.s. I love the rewards you gave yourself for your weightloss :) Are you coming to visit me?
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Thanks this is something my entire family will eat can't wait to try it!!!
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    I enjoy tacos made with ground chicken, lettuce, salsa and a little bit of light shredded cheese, mmm!

Also enjoy chilli made with ground chicken or turkey!
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    I enjoy tacos made with ground chicken, lettuce, salsa and a little bit of light shredded cheese, mmm!

Also enjoy chilli made with ground chicken or turkey!

Thank you taco's do sound really good!! :)
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Check out my website!

I have a tab just for crockpot and am always adding!

http://momvsfood.blogspot.com/search/label/Crockpot
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Thanks girl I did check it out! I appreciate the info!