Overweight ilegal?

Options
2»

Replies

• AngelicDevil80
    AngelicDevil80 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I think its wrong to make it illegal. What has happened to america? We can't say or do anything anymore for someone saying that its "Politically Incorrect". We have 'given' up too many of our rights. I think that if someone wants to be morbidly obese that is their right. I don't think it is healthy or wise. And I couldn't imagine someone wanting to be that way. I think that organic food is a good route, but when you are poor like me you can't afford to go organic. I think that american food has become to prossessed. There are soooo many hormones in our meat now, and ALL fruits and veggies get sprayed with pestisides. Not everyone is meant to be a size 5!

I LOVE organic foods! I didnt ever notice a difference until I stayed with a friend for a week and all they ate were organic foods and drinks. They just tasted better, but I cant afford them either :grumble:
  • AngelicDevil80
    Options
    Overweight should not be illegal, but there needs to be a real motivator out there that would get Americans to want to lose weight and care more about themselves, instead of a bunch of actors/actresses on commercials with the gimmicks to lose weight or all of the pills.

The overweight people that aggravates me are the ones that don't won't to work, so they get fat. There is a person in my town that is like that and admits that is why he is fat.

I can't afford to eat healthy with the organic foods, either. I have to buy what I can afford--since I am trying to raise three kids with a husband. It is hard right now just to make ends meet-especially with the gas prices.

My oldest lives with his dad and most nights when I talk to him they are either going to, coming back or about to go grab food at McDs. I just cant believe it! I mean I eat McDs more then I should, but almost every night? No way! I know he loves fruits and veggies so its just that his dad is friggin' lazy! Since I left him 6 yrs ago, he got so huge. I gained to obviously, but Ive also been pregnant again and he hasnt lol
    This summer Im going to try even harder to eat more healthy, hopefully he will pass the habit onto his dad.
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I think the whole concept is a little narrow. If we think about fining people for being overweight, we need to do the same for people who smoke, drink alkohol, have sex outside of marridge ( STD"S ) , have dangarous ocupations and so on... Where would we draw the line and who would be policing the whole thing? And who would be left:laugh: ? We all have our little vices and to make one group pay would not be fair ( I know Life isn't fair...:sad: .) .
    I have been overweight all my life, I'm not a diabetic, I don't have high blood pressure and the only medication I take ( thank God), is every once in a while a Aleve or an antibiotic if I'm sick... so should I get my money back from the health insurance provider:glasses: ?
    To the question on should the fast food companies be held accountable I think they should have to disclose what is in their food and the calorie contend. We have Nutrition labels on all the other food why not on restaurant food? and by the way there are warning labels on cigarett packs and condoms ... maybe we should put a few on double cheesburgers and whoppers:bigsmile:
    Disclaimer: this is a personal oppinion and does not reflect the view of the management:drinker:
  • AngelicDevil80
    Options
    I think the whole concept is a little narrow. If we think about fining people for being overweight, we need to do the same for people who smoke, drink alkohol, have sex outside of marridge ( STD"S ) , have dangarous ocupations and so on... Where would we draw the line and who would be policing the whole thing? And who would be left:laugh: ? We all have our little vices and to make one group pay would not be fair ( I know Life isn't fair...:sad: .) .
    I have been overweight all my life, I'm not a diabetic, I don't have high blood pressure and the only medication I take ( thank God), is every once in a while a Aleve or an antibiotic if I'm sick... so should I get my money back from the health insurance provider:glasses: ?
    To the question on should the fast food companies be held accountable I think they should have to disclose what is in their food and the calorie contend. We have Nutrition labels on all the other food why not on restaurant food? and by the way there are warning labels on cigarett packs and condoms ... maybe we should put a few on double cheesburgers and whoppers:bigsmile:
    Disclaimer: this is a personal oppinion and does not reflect the view of the management:drinker:

Theres a commercial here, I dont know if its local or national and it has a guy order a burger combo and as hes walking away the announcer says "You know what you get with a combo meal?" the man looks happy then the announcer says a gym membership, an airplane seatbelt extender and something else and I just find it amusing.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I just found this link on yahoo..Im sure some of you have seen it already. But Japan is measuring waistlines and imposing fines for those who are too big. Granted..it seems odd, but, looks like it may help with the diabetes and problems associated with obesity. Bet it would keep health costs down then too, in the long run.

Anyways...just thought it was interesting! Check it out!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/13/world/asia/13fat.html?no_interstitial
    I read this article..I think its a form of communism, they mean well to have a healthy society but this law is total communism
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Imagine what the school systems would have do to if they imposed this here!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm a on a mission to boycott and change our school's lunches. OMG...Who feeds kids a Gatorade, a hot dog and a pop-tart for lunch??? WTF?

Anyway...I'd love to see the schools scramble! :laugh: