We need a ticker for those who need to put on weight!

Options
I'm trying to recover from anorexia, MFP has helped a lot with making sure I've eaten enough a day however the ticker can be quite triggering for me sometimes. Everyone has a right to announce their success, it would be nice for those who need to put on weight to have some sort of awareness too.
Thank you :)

Replies

• PediNurse67
    PediNurse67 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more! Congrats on your effort towards recovery :-)
  • Thank you :smile:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Well done on your progress and you are not alone in your thoughts on a ticker. This thread was posted yesterday http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/165846-what-about-the-gainers-and-maintainers
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I could be wrong, but I think that if you set your goal to gain weight, and then setup a ticker, it will work as appropriate.
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and good luck! :-)
  • I could be wrong, but I think that if you set your goal to gain weight, and then setup a ticker, it will work as appropriate.
    Yeah I have done that but still the ticker is still set to weight loss :/
  • moosehillsales
    Options
    Congratulations on your recovery! I also think that there should be a ticker to gain weight. My son lost weight when he started taking his ADHD medication and his doctor wasn't very happy with it. She needed him to stay the same, or to gain some of it back. I made him an account on here so that he could keep track of what he has eaten, and learn about nutrition at the same time. (He is homeschooled, so MFP also works as a nutrition lesson too!) Keep up the good work!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I could be wrong, but I think that if you set your goal to gain weight, and then setup a ticker, it will work as appropriate.
    Yeah I have done that but still the ticker is still set to weight loss :/

Bummer! Yeah - seems like this should be easy enough for the site to provide...
  • In some way the weight loss ticker is keeping me going, making sure that I don't lose weight so it doesn't show. If I do lose weight though, it will always be in my face & I'll end up striving to lose weight then even more. It's quite self-contradiction. I need to associate weight loss with bad, instead I associate it with power.
  • cflorkie
    cflorkie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. Right now I have it set to my "bottom" weight and it calculates what I lose so I can keep track of it, and stop it from happening. It works for me, but I totally agree!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Perhaps try tickerfactory.com? You can make your own code and you can likely update it to say what you want. :) I can help if you'd like!
  • Perhaps try tickerfactory.com? You can make your own code and you can likely update it to say what you want. :) I can help if you'd like!
    Thank you :)! I will try it now :D
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    In some way the weight loss ticker is keeping me going, making sure that I don't lose weight so it doesn't show. If I do lose weight though, it will always be in my face & I'll end up striving to lose weight then even more. It's quite self-contradiction. I need to associate weight loss with bad, instead I associate it with power.

Try to associate your GAINS as power! You were strong enough to lose the weight when you thought you needed to, you are DEFINITELY strong enough to gain the weight that you DO need to!
    You will get all the love and support you need and you deserve on this site
    x
  • pgp_protector
    Options
    Do you own any websites / hosting, I can probably write a script / PHP image file if MFP doesn't have a ticker.
    It wouldn't be built into MFPs database, but you could manually update it. (you would also have to let me know what images to use in advance)
  • In some way the weight loss ticker is keeping me going, making sure that I don't lose weight so it doesn't show. If I do lose weight though, it will always be in my face & I'll end up striving to lose weight then even more. It's quite self-contradiction. I need to associate weight loss with bad, instead I associate it with power.

Try to associate your GAINS as power! You were strong enough to lose the weight when you thought you needed to, you are DEFINITELY strong enough to gain the weight that you DO need to!
    You will get all the love and support you need and you deserve on this site
    x

Thank you, you're so lovely :). I just need to change my mind frame. I am a lot stronger now, I can deal with the anorexic thoughts better but trying to figure out what I need & what the anorexic wants is very hard.