BBW/BHM Challenge FIRST MINI CHALLENGE!

Options
Alright guys the first mini challenge is going to be an internet scavenger hunt!
You will have 10 items to find and the first team to email them to me wins!!
Now since everyone is soooo far apart in time zones I can't send out real prizes. I feel that the biggest prize of all is losing weight. BUUUTTT I figure the winning team has bragging rights for the week! And maybe a special treat one night after dinner won't hurt anyone! lol :bigsmile:

ITEMS:
1) Name & Picture of the RAREST FLOWER IN THE WORLD
2) Name & Picture of a Female BBW actress/singer/or comedian
3) Name & Picture of a Male BHM actor/singer/or comedian
4) Most unique recipe for Chicken
5) Name of the most recognized song in the world (English Language).
6) Name and picture of the most popular dog breed in the world?
7) What is the name of the healthiest fruit?
8) Name and picture of the rarest animal in the world?
9.) What's considered the best cardio exercise?
10.) What's the definition of water weight?

Alright I redid the teams and they are as follows:

TEAM 1: trujamaican & joeytroy
TEAM 2: Jmcneil (jmcneil) & cmirsaidi (Cameron)
TEAM 3: celeste2u (Celeste) & alw2007 (Alaina)
TEAM 4: Hannastyrbjorn (Hanna) & chiliflea (Claire)
TEAM 5: VezNo1 (V) & joemoe82 (Joe)
TEAM 6: Kal2202 (Kalliste) & jellyfishjen (Jenni)
TEAM 7: dainj (Inji) & rachypompa (Rachy)
TEAM 8: Mariposa187 (Vivian) & summer_angel (Stephanie or Steph)
TEAM 9: mnproctor (Flo) & justbnme (Monifa)
TEAM 10: calliope_music (Chani) & winterbreeze (Jessie/Jess)
TEAM 11: bbb84 (Brenda) & jmwolffyy (Jan)
TEAM 12: atrayubrandy (Brandy) & missjenbug (Jenny)
TEAM 13: angelbabe77 (Veronica), & Bmorrow (B)

Just a suggestion but you all should probably exchange email addresses so you can keep up with each other finding the answers!
First Team to Email me (I'll inbox you all my email address) with all the correct answers WINS!
Good Luck & Have Fun!!! :drinker:

Replies

• jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I know I am probably jumping the gun but have you sent out your email address yet to the teams? Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • TexasTKD9
    Options
    Yup Yup!! I did a while ago :) It was in the BBW Challenge Mini Challenge Partner Message :)
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry in advance to my partner .... I've been busy burning calories playing softball!
  • TexasTKD9
    Options
    I'm sorry in advance to my partner .... I've been busy burning calories playing softball!

No worries girlie I just posted the challenge!!!
  • Bmorrow
    Bmorrow Posts: 169
    Options
    WeLl, since I just changed my weigh in weight Monday and weighed myself tonight I did not see a loss, so I am still at 164.4. I feel a little like a failure but I think I'll get over it!
  • TexasTKD9
    Options
    WeLl, since I just changed my weigh in weight Monday and weighed myself tonight I did not see a loss, so I am still at 164.4. I feel a little like a failure but I think I'll get over it!

Aww Don't feel like a failure!!!! I didn't lose anything this week either!! Next week will be better!
  • jmwolffyy
    Options

It's all good, that's what we are here for! :)
  • bbb84
    Options
    I know this is the challenge thread, but im feeling lazy soo im going to post my weigh in here. My weight has remained the same this week and I feel a bit defeated. However I did lose an inch off my waist and 2 off my hips and booty :) Im thinking the weight is off because i just started midnights again and my body is confused. We shall see what the scale holds for me next week. Hope everyone had much success.
  • bbb84
    Options

Just think, next week will be amazing! 3 days is not enough time to show a loss. :)
  • Hannastyrbjorn
    Options
    hey you guys, i havent recieves the message, but maybe Claire has? hmm... looking forward to the getting the answers but first i'm gonna go out and take a long walk. :D
  • jmwolffyy
    Options
    We didn't get a message with your email so here are our answers.

1. Rarest flower: Red Middlemist (or Camellia) Photo at http://www.popfi.com/2010/03/12/the-worlds-rarest-flower-is-in-bloom/

2. BBW Actress: Marilyn Monroe Photo at http://www.shorpy.com/Marilyn-Monroe-1947

3. BHM Actor John Travolta Photo at http://www.answers.com/topic/john-travolta-large-image

4. Unique Chicken Recipe: Chicken Pancakes with Fruit Salsa via http://www.ifood.tv/recipe/chicken-pancakes-with-fruit-salsa. (I can’t copy and paste the actual recipe without it causing my system to crash, and I was really hoping I didn’t have to type the whole thing. But it sounds delicious!)

5. Most recognized song: Happy Birthday

6. Most popular dog breed: Labrador Retriever Photo at http://most-popular.net/dog-breed

7. Healthiest Fruit: Guava (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-healthiest-fruits.htm)

8. Rarest Animal: The Pinta Island Tortoise Photo at http://www.saveshenandoah.com/2010/06/lonesome-george-the-last-survivor-of-pinta-island-tortoise.html

9. Best Cardio: Running. I have also read that the best exercise is one that you enjoy. If you aren’t motivated, you won’t do it, so it’s no longer the best exercise.

10. Definition of water weight: Water retention: A nonspecific term meaning the accumulation of excess fluids in body tissues, medically known as edema. Edema can result from many different disease processes, including but not limited to diseases of the heart and circulation and kidney disease.
    Water retention is also used to describe the symptoms of feeling bloated or experiencing a small weight gain due to physiologic shifts in body fluid balance brought on by dietary changes, hormonal factors, or dehydration. In this sense water retention is described as a common symptom of the premenstrual syndrome, or PMS. See also edema.
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    hey you guys, i havent recieves the message, but maybe Claire has? hmm... looking forward to the getting the answers but first i'm gonna go out and take a long walk. :D

I sent you a message this morning with the answers I came up with Hanna but it seems we've been pipped to the post already! Bit unfair when you consider that we're all on different time zones so some won't even be up yet to have had the message!

Ah well, maybe next time!

I don't think "the first to email with all the answers" is going to be a good way of doing it somehow... :ohwell: :ohwell:
  • bbb84
    Options

I sent you a message this morning with the answers I came up with Hanna but it seems we've been pipped to the post already! Bit unfair when you consider that we're all on different time zones so some won't even be up yet to have had the message!

Ah well, maybe next time!

I don't think "the first to email with all the answers" is going to be a good way of doing it somehow... :ohwell: :ohwell:

Agreed.... my teammate and i had the same conversation.
  • Hannastyrbjorn
    Options
    hmm i still havent recieved any messages... wonder what's wrong :(
  • TexasTKD9
    Options
    sorry guys this is my first time doing this :sad:

I'm going to come up with a different challenge....gawd I feel like a failure now............
  • Hannastyrbjorn
    Options
    sorry guys this is my first time doing this :sad:

I'm going to come up with a different challenge....gawd I feel like a failure now............

Don't beat yourself up. It's not that we didnt like it or thought it was a bad challenge, just that it has some issues that needs to be fixed if we are gonna be competitive about it. If no one is a sore loser it really doesnt matter.
    Keep up the good work. I think it was a real good initiative
  • chiliflea
    Options
    HEy Texas! Dont worry! It's all going to be trial and error! I had fun completing it this morning while I was up early with my daughter! Gave me something to concentrate on instead of babytv!!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    I loved reading the answers as I didn't have time to start researching them. Sharing a recipe with you all, that I have tried and enjoyed. I usually don't like to use things out of a can but decided this quick and easy recipe is good to have rather than buying take away when time gets tough.
    ASPARAGUS AND SWEET CORN SOUP. (SERVES 10) ( I froze the extra)
    2 Tablespoons (30g) Flora Light Margarine
    1 cup onion diced
    2 tablespoons plain flour
    5 cups water
    1 tablespoon salt reduced chicken-style stock powder (Massells)
    2 x 340g cans Asparagus tips and cuts drained
    2 x 420g cans creamed corn
    1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
    1 x 375ml can evaporated light milk
    pepper to taste
    DIRECTIONS
    Melt margine in a boiler, add onion and cook 2 minutes. Add in flour and cook a futher minute, slowly pour in water stirring continuously to avoid lumps. Add stock powder and all remaining ingredients except the milk. Bring to boil, simmer for 10minutes with lid off, stirring occasionally to prevent mixture from sticking. pour in milk, pepper to taste, bring back to boil then serve.
    VARIATION: ADD 2 CUPS COOKED SKINLESS CHICKEN BREAST DICED.
    NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
    Per Serve Chicken Asp/corn
    Fat total 4.1g 2.9g
    saturated 1.1g 0.8g
    Fibre 5.6g 5.6g
    Protein 13.8g 6.7g
    Carbs 24.4g 24.4g
    Sugar 10.4g 10.4g
    Sodium 452g 436g
    Kilojoules 804(cals 191) 639(cals152)
    GI rating low low
    DIETITIANS TIP
    Have this soup with a slice of multigrain bread for lunch or dinner. The meal is low in fat, high in fibre and the glycaemic index is low making it an ideal choice for prople with diabeties.
    This recipe is from the Symply Too Good To Be True 2 cookbook. I have logged it in foods under Symply cookbook 2
    Enjoy.
  • jmwolffyy
    Options
    That recipe sounds really good, especially right now while it is so cold! I just recently found out that I like asparagus, and having multiple ways to use it right away is going to be great! Thanks for sharing!

Texas, the challenge is a great idea, we just need to put our heads together and find out a way to make it a fair competition. I was up most of the night last night, and my partner was at work but also able to look up things, which is why we were able to get the answers so quickly. Maybe you can judge best answers and go from there, although then we would need to send them to you via message and not on post. I say this because just within the 10 questions, there were numerous questions that I found could be answered differently depending on the website you chose to look at from a search. I had one page tell me that a certain animal was the rarest, and the next site did not mention that animal at all and named a different one.

Anyway, ladies, throw out your ideas on how to make a fair competition and let's have some fun with these challenges! :bigsmile:
  • chiliflea
    Options
    There was a challenge on another threads about burning 3500 calories in a week? Then it'd be a competition AND beneficial to our weight loss efforts?