Question for the ladies - Irregular Bleeding

Options
2»

Replies

• Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Another vote for you to see the doc. Pain is not normal, your body is telling you something.

A few years ago when I dropped a good bit of weight I had the spotting problem, but no pain. I went to the GYN and she couldn't find anything wrong. She did tell me that the female hormones can be stored in fat cells, and when you lose a bunch of weight the hormones are re-released into your system. That will cause an imbalance and can mess with your cycle and ovulation, making it either earlier or later than usual, or spotting in between.

I was just going to post this. I lost a load of weight a couple of years ago & had the same problem. Had the Dr check me out & she found nothing then she told me about fat storing hormones. Hopefully this is it in your case, but I'd get checked out just in case.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    You need to see your doc. I was having this problem and it was due to fibroids. I eventually wound up having a hysterectomy because I was done having babies and was sick of dealing with all of the female problems.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Yep make a doctor's appt. Oh and just because your tubes have been tied doesn't mean they can't come untied. There are plenty of babies that have been born after the tubes came undone. The only true way to prevent a birth is snip & burn and I don't think they do that anymore.
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    The location of the pain that you described sounds like my ovarian cysts (I have PCOS). Usually with mine it hurts pretty bad on and off for up to a week, then goes away. Some people get cysts that need medical attention, but mine are just unpleasant for that week or so every so often.

Obviously take that with the grain of salt that I'm not a medical professional and so on. You won't know for sure until a doctor checks you out.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Yep make a doctor's appt. Oh and just because your tubes have been tied doesn't mean they can't come untied. There are plenty of babies that have been born after the tubes came undone. The only true way to prevent a birth is snip & burn and I don't think they do that anymore.

Lol yeah, they aren't actually tied at all, I just used that term. There is a piece cut out of the middle and the ends are burned...that is the new way of doing it according to my doctor..
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I made an appointment with my dr for today because the pain never went away so hopefully I find out what's going on today, thanks everyone!