Working out away from home (gym)

KCBollard
KCBollard Posts: 23 Member
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
I'm in my hometown of Erie, PA for two weeks working in the office and I've grown very frustrated with working out at my parents' house. They have a recumbant bike, free weights, stretchy bands, a BOSU ball, and an old Bowflex covered in clothes.

I miss my hard core cardio work outs. I can only take so much of the bike. I brought two DVDs: Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga and Jillian's 30 Day Shred. I haven't done the DVDs yet because the basement isn't the most conducive place to do them, but it will have to do.

I know they have a decent selection of things with which to work out, but the cardio is my main concern (usually achieved mostly by elliptical and other things) but I need suggestions on harder workouts.

Has anyone ever done the BOSU Ball? I want to try it...but not sure if it will be very intense.

Hopefully I can still achieve weight loss/at least not gain any while here for these two weeks and can jump back into my harder-working regimen when I get home.

At least I'm doing something 5 days a week, right?

Cheers.

Replies

• jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    I've used the bosu ball at the gym. My trainer will have me doing a ser of sqauts on it, the jog inn place two minutes, then a set of pushups on it,, another round of jogging, bicep curls while squatting on the bosu, jogging again, finally sqat hold for two minutes on the bosu with one last round of jogging. Repeat the sequence 3 times. A set consists of 30 reps. Its challeging, a lot of core work. Throw in 250 crunches, a 2 minute plank beginning and end, may be what you are looking for.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    I've used the bosu ball at the gym. My trainer will have me doing a ser of sqauts on it, the jog inn place two minutes, then a set of pushups on it,, another round of jogging, bicep curls while squatting on the bosu, jogging again, finally sqat hold for two minutes on the bosu with one last round of jogging. Repeat the sequence 3 times. A set consists of 30 reps. Its challeging, a lot of core work. Throw in 250 crunches, a 2 minute plank beginning and end, may be what you are looking for.
  • KCBollard
    KCBollard Posts: 23 Member
    Thanks for the tips! I will have to try it!!!
This discussion has been closed.