I feel guilty for letting my son eat junk food.

Options
I'm working hard on my own healthy eating habits, but I'm not as strict with my son.

I am slowly introducing lower fat items for him, and lot's more fruit. He's a skinny little guy so I'm not worried about weight, just overall healthy eating habits. I feel so bad because I still let him eat all the taboo items that I don't (pizza, McDonalds, etc.).

It's more critical that I get healthy NOW, and I'm working on him more slowly.

I just feel guilty at times and wanted to share... thanks for listening! : )

Jim

Replies

• aseldomridge
    Options
    Don't feel guilty! I have a one and three year old and even though I don't eat the "taboo" things anymore I still let them eat it, I just let them eat it in moderation. I think moderation is key and teaching them that even though the stuff may taste good it isn't good for you all the time. Of course the three year old gets that more than the one year old right now. Lol
  • eed_bookworm
    Options
    Hi Jim,
    I don't know how old your son is but you are doing the right thing. Slowly working toward a healthier diet for your son will help him in the long run. When my sons were pre-school age, we ate fast food somewhat regularly. My sons are now 9 and 11 and I can't remember the last time we ate at McDonalds (3 years ago?). McDonalds is 1.5 miles from my house and we never even think about going there! Give your self TWO pats on the back: one for working on your diet and one for helping your son to change his diet!