New to MFP

Options
I just started on here a few days ago. I love the app for my phone so I was excited to see there was forum's too.

I had my first child 10 months ago. I tried to work out 3 months after he was born but It just wasnt the right time. So I am ready now. I started with the 30 day shred just lvl 1 for about 3 weeks until my endurance was better. This week I started to diet and added going back to the gym. I have never had to diet before. I was always skinny and had an amazing metabolism thanks to my dad. Well not anymore after the holidays I gained another 9 pounds and it was sad.

So I am excited to join everyone on being healthy and being in shape! Feel free to add me as a friend.

Replies

• rsonthelake
    rsonthelake Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!
  • oilerbabe
    Options
    Hey hun, not sure what area you are in but instead of going to the gym, a bunch of us go to 'bootcamp' 3-4 days a week for an hour. It is an intense circuit training workout and has helped immensely. I have lost 35lbs since last may and am in the best shape I have ever been. If you diet (I hate that word) or change your eating habits at the same time...It will work wonders. Mine is still a work in progress however not only have I gotten in better shape, learned to eat better but I have also made some of the bestest friends who are constantly helping to push and support me.

Just a thought. Welcome to MFP - it's awesome!!!

oilerbabe:smile:
  • mislove68
    Options
    I was thinking about trying out a bootcamp class at my gym. I really like my gym because it has free daycare for 2 hours a day. I do really the circuit training. Changes everything up and makes it go quick!

Thanks for the idea!