C-Section Scars

kylielouttit
kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I had my baby 16 months ago and have been working out for a year. Today, my section area is sore but I am unsure if I injured myself or if its just from working my abs. Thoughts?

Replies

• MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Mine ached for a very long time after on and off. Occasionally I would get that little ting. If its just sore I wouldnt worry. If its actually painful I might call your OBGYN. Hope it feels better soon!
  • ...is it the skin around? ..the muscle? or the scar itself?
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    That happens when you start excercising again after a C-section.. doesn't mean you've re-opened the scar area unless you have extreme pain and bleeding in the area.
  • ChristaS
    ChristaS Posts: 49 Member
    since healing mine had never hurt. I agree with PP though if its just sore I wouldn't worry at this point. if it gets painfull or gets worse worse I'd check in with a dr.
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    When I complained to the doc, he said it was most likely adhesions. The inside does what it can to heal, which sadly means scar sometimes, even on the inside. I would check with doc just in case. Never know what is going on in there.
  • foodbuzz
    foodbuzz Posts: 39 Member
    I had bad pain for months, 10 or longer after my C-section. I just wouldn't overdo it. My son is 30 years old and once in a while I'll get a twinge from the scar!!! Take it easy ...
This discussion has been closed.