Hi

Options
I am new here. My friend told me about this awsome site and today is my second day. I would like to loose 50 lbs. But I do tend to loose focus because I loose weight very slowly. Some say my metabolism is very slow. I do hope that because this site makes me feel like I have to be accountable for everything I eat and the exercises I need to do, that this will help.

Replies

• jenh1101
    Options
    Hi! I'm fairly new here as well. I love this site so far! Good luck!
  • larsonp
    larsonp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    When I started, I wanted to lose 10 pounds. And then another 10... and another 20, and another 10...
    That was over a year ago.

I'm down 50 pounds total right now. I want to lose another 10 or 15, but I know it'll take another 2-3 months at least. (I didn't do very well over the holidays. I didn't gain, but didn't lose either.)

My trick is to tell MFP that I want to lose 1.5 pounds a week, knowing that I'll be over my calorie count some days, and not enough under the goal to balance, so I set the bar lower.
    I've been losing an average of 1 pound a week since starting on MFP. Some weeks it's zero or +1. Others it's -1 or -2.

My point is that you won't notice results immediately, but that shouldn't discourage you. Keep with it. Keep tracking the calories. Find what works for you and stick with it.

Good luck :-)
  • Mememone
    Mememone Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement!! At least I feel like I am not alone. :smile:
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I'm sure you will enjoy it!