May do something really stupid...

novatri
novatri Posts: 262 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
In a little over 3 weeks is The Cowtown Marathon. I'm in good enough shape to run the 5k, maybe even the 10k. But half marathon and up get these cool medals that form the star of Texas when you have 5. I may just be a little stir crazy cause of the ice today, cause it is a crazy idea.

Replies

• ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    I'm blaming the ice too, cause I'm in no shape to even think about that, but medals that turn into Texas, that's awesome!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    how often are these marathons? are they in FW? i want a STAR!!! LOL!
  • Bluesmilie
    Bluesmilie Posts: 161 Member
    WOW, I think it's an awesome Idea. I want some courage. I need to start to job more since walking is not cutting it for me no more.
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    i have a buddy that does 5k, 10k, 1/2m, m and is training for a 50k. he takes 16 weeks to train for a 1/2m. be careful not to underestimate the bodily stress.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    It's a great goal but be careful - I've been running for 2 years (1-2 times a week, sometimes not even that) and I'm only just verging on 1/2 marathon distance. It is MUCH further than 5k.... or 10k. You don't want to harm yourself or get injured. If you allow yourself a LOT of time to do it and be prepared to walk some, then go for it. Otherwise, I'd seriously be thinking of doing it as NEXT year's goal. Good luck what ever you decide :-)
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    I'm thinking I'll go for the 10k. That is in the doable range. I'll aim for the half or full next year.
  • I'll be honest, one of the primary reasons I ran my 1/2 was for the medal. It makes me want more of them!
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    LOL for a moment I thought you were going to go from 10k to 26.2 in 3 weeks... :huh: :laugh:

Enjoy your race!! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.