New life, new me!

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm a 32 yo mom of two beautiful children - my daughter, Kaia, is 9 and my son, Jamil, is 3. I used to be a dancer and when my daughter was about 3, I stopped dancing regularly. I am going to be teaching elementary school in the fall and would LOVE to get in shape in time for the school year...I'd love my first official class picture to be of me at a weight I am comfortable with!

I'd like to lose 40 lbs. at some point in time, but I'd LOVE to lose at least 20 by the fall.

I already know the exercise part will not be difficult for me because I LOVE to dance, but I am so NOT a health-food fan. I love carbs, red meat, and dairy and loathe fruit (I drink fruit juice, but don't like a single fruit because I can't stand the texture) and only like a handful of veggies. And I have a killer sweet tooth. While I'd obviously like to be healthy, I am not going to set unrealistic goals for myself. I will probably do more portion control and just sneak in more veggies.

I'm a super competitive person and found this board looking up Just Dance 2 high scores, so I'm pretty sure I'll be including myself in the Just Dance 2 group (Yay, motivation)!

I wish you all luck on your journey and am looking forward to using this site as motivation! My best friend since high school is doing this with me, but I can use all the motivation I can get.

Replies

• dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Trust me, taste is all habitual. I was raised eating white bread and couldn't stand the taste or texture of whole wheat or grain. It took about a year of gradual conditioning to get me to the point of loving whole wheat so much that I'd substitute it 100% for white flour in every recipe. Now I can't even recognize white bread as edible.

Have you heard of the cookbook 'Deceptively Delicious'? It sneaks veggies into various foods so sneakily you wouldn't notice. That might be a good starting point if you're so turned off by fruits and veggies.