It FITS! My NSV for the day! Pic included!

Options
Here in Louisiana we don't have occasion to break out our heavy coats very often. But today I shook out my favorite red peacoat which I've not been able to wear for a few years now. I take that back, I COULD wear it but it wasn't comfortable and I certainly couldn't button it. I was really excited to get into the coat and see the difference. Imagine my surprise as I slipped it on and it fit PERFECTLY! Allow me to clarify, it fit perfectly when BUTTONED! All the way! It wasn't even snug when sitting. Heck, I probably could have turned cartwheels in that baby and I WOULD have if I weren't such a clumsy goose! So I wore my peacoat proudly today.....ALL DAY (except during lunch) while I ran errands. In the past I would yank that coat off as soon as I got indoors because it was so uncomfortable. Well guess what? Its a NEW DAY and a NEW ME! I'm gonna enjoy this coat for a few days because next year it will be TOO BIG! :)

So when the scale doesn't cooperate look for something else to celebrate! We're here making important and healthy changes to our lives.....it takes time.....don't forget to celebrate the milestones. Wearing this coat so comfortably today just MADE MY WEEK!

**NVS = non-scale victory**

5412072606_007641f8df.jpg
My coat by bayoubabie98, on Flickr

Replies

• veronicacannon
    veronicacannon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You look so cute! Great job!!! :)
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have to say...sometimes its our clothing that is a better proof of how we have done not the scale! Congrats girl!
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!! You look fabulous girl!! :) So proud of you!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Was the wind not blowing on your end of LA? Crazy cold winds here! Congrats on that coat fitting!
  • dlambert11
    dlambert11 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You look great!! The jacket looks so good on you! Keep up the great work!
  • LettyM62
    LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh, I love it...it looks great on you! Congratulations.

I noticed the same thing with my coat this year. I bought it last year and couldn't wear a sweater underneath it, but this year it was a different story, I can wear a sweater underneath it now.
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree with you the NSV seem to be a better feeling. Like clothes that were skin tight getting lose or having to remove a link off your watch since it's too loose. Those are the days I am looking forward too. The visual changes. Great job you do look good!
  • JodieHut
    JodieHut Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    You look so GREAT!!!! Keep up the good work!!
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I sincerely appreciate it! :)
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Was the wind not blowing on your end of LA? Crazy cold winds here! Congrats on that coat fitting!

Yessssssssss the wind was blowing! It was brutal but I feel silly complaining when its so much worse north of us. :-\ Thanks, neighbor!
  • Dmonique85
    Options
    Hurray! Awesome work. I have a couple goal coats & a blazer. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • aryaw
    aryaw Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    YAY!! Thats my goal is to get into a favorite pair of jeans from before I had my kids. Congratulation!!
  • 25anniversary2011
    25anniversary2011 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Yay, Beautiful
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great in that coat! Nice NSV :smile:
  • nowic
    nowic Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You are a beautiful woman!!! Way to go girl, you are an inspiration!!!
  • HidyleDidyle
    Options
    Congratulations! You look BEAUTIFUL! And, I love your coat. Red is my favourite!
  • fouchou09
    fouchou09 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great, keep up the good work!
  • Hummmingbird
    Hummmingbird Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    bravo my dear bravo...and I love the coat!!!! :)