Do you ever go to bed hungry?

Options
2»

Replies

• jchapman1957
    jchapman1957 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Almost never. I space my snacks out through the day and save 150-250 calories for a PM snack. My night time snacks are usually a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich or single serve ice cream cup. Try to have more greens with lunch and dinner to free up some calories for later.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    are you actually hungry? or just feeling the need to eat or the desire for something? IF you are actually hungry by all means eat .... have an apple of some fruit if that doesnt sound good then youre not really hungry
  • LHarders
    LHarders Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I try not to go to bed hungry....I save enough for light popcorn in the evening for a snack with Diet Pop.
    Sometimes when you think you are hungry you are really thirsty so before you eat try drinking a glass of water...I drink ice water because someone told me once that your body burned more calories warming up the water..don't know if that is true but hey it can't hurt :)
    I also think sometimes when I think I am hungry I am really bored...so I read, scrapbook or even take a bath....gets my mind off of food.
    I really like the idea of putting my snacks in my food journal early in the day....that way the calories are accounted for and if I don't eat the snack I am ahead of the game.
    Good Luck....
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Negative, I always eat after I get home from work around 10:30 then I am in bed by 11pm. On my days off I usually have a snack around 9pm bc I am usually in bed by 10:30.
    I try to eat either fruit, veggies, an ensure or some sort of protein such as a hard boiled egg or a protein bar.
  • richiefixo
    richiefixo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES!!!!! you should go to bed feeling slightly hungry....that way you know that all your food has been digested and when you sleep the only thing your body will be doing is repairing worn out tissue and burning FAT! thats the key and thats why sleep is very important. its the one time you burn fat uninterruptedly.

That being said. if you are feeling STARVED before bed isnt good either. time your eating so your last meal is about 2-3 hours before bed. that way all is digested and your sleep time and fat burning process will be as efficient as possible! ;)
  • sixpackgoal
    Options
    Negative, I always eat after I get home from work around 10:30 then I am in bed by 11pm. On my days off I usually have a snack around 9pm bc I am usually in bed by 10:30.
    I try to eat either fruit, veggies, an ensure or some sort of protein such as a hard boiled egg or a protein bar.

I'm gonna have to steal this technique from you.
  • richiefixo
    richiefixo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    waking up hungry is also good it means your body has done well over night utilising all the energy it can get from your foods and your fats.

Eating right then is also good cos you jump start your metabolism with a nice bump!
  • 1983Marine
    Options
    I get hungry right before bedtime too. I'm eating sweet & spicy tuna (Tuna Creations) right out of the package. 200 calories. It is helping me stay on track. It's almost like eating brisket. Having a "Not hungry But Not Full" mentality helps too.
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I never go to bed hungry. I save about 100- 200 cals for my bedtime snack. I usually have 4 low fat graham crackers with a very thin layer of whipped peanut butter. It satisfies me. If I try to go to bed without having my little snack then I feel deprived and then all I do is think about the crackers. And also I will wake up hungry and cranky in the morning....
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    Yes I go to bed quite often hungry and when I get that growling in my stomach I try to picture it as my body eating off my fat storage rather than it eating the food I would have put in my stomach!
  • ifeelsqueaky
    Options
    I tend to go to bed quite late so I do go to bed hungry sometimes because I don't think I should be eating at 1 or 2 in the morning if I can help it! I try and stop myself from eating after midnight - I'm like a gremlin :wink:

It doesn't always mean I'm hungry when I get up though which I find strange. I am usually very very thirsty when I wake up though.
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to answer this. Sometimes I feel like I have a little twinge of hunger before bed, but a cup of tea usually does the trick. I guess I'm never truly hungry at bed time.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I can't sleep if i'm hungry either. I try to time my last meal about 3- 4 hours before bed and make sure the meal satisfies me. If I'm starving, I'll have a piece of lunchmeat (35 cals) and a bottle of water. That's just enough to get me to sleep.
  • snowbella
    snowbella Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find that a little bit of warm milk helps calm my tummy before bed plus it helps me zonk out completely. even if im watching satc. lol
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    If I went to bed hungry I doubt I'd be able to sleep!!

I eat quite late (8pm) so am never usually hungry after dinner but if I am I have a kiddies Petite Filous or some fruit an hour before bed...
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I will normally eat a piece of fruit or something before bed. Some nights though I can't sleep until 3 or even 4 am. I try not to eat then unless I'm really hungry!
  • kate205gti
    kate205gti Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i always wake up hungry lol :p but i have my porridge and protein first thing then im fine :) dont like to go to bed starving hungry though - i'll usually have a pot of low calorie jelly (< 10 cals) if im feeling peckish before bed or a weightwatchers biscuit but nothing too heavy :)