I'm still breastfeeding full-time, but here I am

Options
I'm new! I'm still nursing my 9-mo full-time, so I can't expect to be shedding tons of weight yet. Also, I'm taking Sertraline which I hear makes it difficult to lose weight. Even worse, I hear people gain weight! I believe it! I usually shed 10lbs within the first year after having a baby and I'm up ten pounds since having him! ACK! But I'm going easy on myself. I recently changed my diet to more healthy fruits and veggies because two weeks ago I had an unexpected cholecystectomy! From what I hear, gallstones can form in the common bile duct even without a gallbladder anymore, so I'm trying to be careful. Anyway, that's me. Oh, and I have six little kids. I'm tired.

Replies

• hmacjimo
    hmacjimo Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello Japangela! I'm new as well. I have a 4 month old that I'm breastfeeding full-time. She is my fifth child. I, too, am struggling with weight loss and I'm on Setraline and feeling quite discouraged with it but trying to keep things in perspective knowing that it's better for me to be emotionally healthy for my family. Have you heard of any other antidepressant that is safe while nursing and won't cause an increase in appetite? Also, do you have any tips on organizing and managing your kids toys and stuff?
    Take care and enjoy today! Heather
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I have been told that organic coconut oil is an effective appetite suppressant. I have tried it (it has absolutely no taste and is in solid state) only one quarter of a teaspoon straight out of the jar... and it really works!! There are also many, many other virtues to this all-natural product (like skin care... thinking of your little ones :smile: ).

Congratulations on joining mfp - or should I say: Congratulations on becoming the new you!! :bigsmile: Mfp is a terrific system: very motivational and effective! Just take a look at all the success stories!

I have several children of my own and know it's not always easy to juggle everything! Some hours are just a struggle!:ohwell: But as you become healthier and more energetic, you'll surprise yourself! You can do it!!:flowerforyou:
  • hmacjimo
    hmacjimo Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi lily1972, do you take the organic coconut oil once a day? I love natural alternatives and think this one is great! Thanks for the suggestion!!!