Owning It

Gapstander777
Gapstander777 Posts: 2
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
I went to the doctor today and was told I am "pre-diabetic". I have heard this before, but today, I am choosing to own up to it. So...I am off to a good start. Just lookin for some good recipe ideas, as I am a meat & potatoes person. I really dislike veggies, but I know they are very important...so I am willing to expand my horizons and try a few new things. Thanks!

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    My hubby is a huge meat and potatoes guy so I have to "hide" veggies to get him to eat it (just like a little kid sometimes, I swear). We make lagasina with eggplant snuck in there, stir frys with low sodium soy sauce, black bean and cilantro burritos from allrecipes.com, or yummy mushroom and brown rice casserole from 101casseroles.com (this isnt really "hidden" but it is my FAVORITE meal)

there are TONS of things out there it is just a matter of balancing the meat with the veggies and it is possible (i'm a vegetarian and my hubby and I still make it work).

Good luck!
  • Always being told things but glad you realized it. I think you have come to the right place. Make a plan, set goals, and good luck... a lot of supportive people on here.
This discussion has been closed.