Sleepy Feet

Options
I absolutely love my elliptical! And I have pretty nice tennis shoes. So, why is it that whenever I do the exercise, my toes feel all tingly - like my feet are sleeping! I've experienced this on different ellipticals and treadmills, so I know it's not just mine. What causes this, and what can I do to alleviate this problem?

Replies

• Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 338
    Options
    I absolutely love my elliptical! And I have pretty nice tennis shoes. So, why is it that whenever I do the exercise, my toes feel all tingly - like my feet are sleeping! I've experienced this on different ellipticals and treadmills, so I know it's not just mine. What causes this, and what can I do to alleviate this problem?

Completely unqualified non-medical opinion but... check the lacing of your shoes? Maybe they are too tight and as your feet expand ever so slightly from the increased bloodflow your circulation is being affected. Like I said though; completely unqualified and non-medical. :bigsmile:
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    this happens to me all the time!!! drives me insane!!!
  • 4x4n8
    4x4n8 Posts: 29
    Options
    shoelaces are too tight/shoes too snug. try thinner socks or not tying your laces as tight as you normally would, etc.
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    As mentioned above, your shoe laces are probably too tight.
  • healthymomwannabe
    healthymomwannabe Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Sounds easy enough to fix this issue - thanks!