Conversation with my nine year old son....

Options
This is a dialogue I had with my nine-year-old son Damian earlier this evening:

DAMIAN: How's the gym working out for you?
ME: Pretty good, I think. (teasingly) Do I look skinnier to you?
DAMIAN: Yeah.
ME: (startled) Are you serious, or are you just saying that?
DAMIAN: I'm serious. Look. (walks over to stand behind my computer chair and holds his hands out about five inches on either side of my butt) Before you were out here. Now you're just here. (brings his hands closer together and grabs my hips)

I freakin' love that kid... made my day!

Replies

• katsmeow77
    Options
    Too cute
  • UnpredictablyPretty21
    Options
    what a hunni :) the beauty of it all is the raw honesty!!!! Luv it
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Kids are pretty literal too - even at 9. So, if he says its so, I'd go ahead and bank on it. :-)
    Great job and great influence! :-) You go mama! :flowerforyou:

(I have a soon to be 8 & 11 year old.. :love: )
  • Kelleinna
    Options
    I discussed it with a fellow teacher and we decided that's what third graders are good for... she told me a third grade girl came up to her today and told her she looked like she was "having a bad hair day." :laugh:
  • Kelleinna
    Options
    Kids are pretty literal too - even at 9. So, if he says its so, I'd go ahead and bank on it. :-)
    Great job and great influence! :-) You go mama! :flowerforyou:

(I have a soon to be 8 & 11 year old.. :love: )

Heh... and just a week or so ago when I was wearing my gym clothes getting ready to go to the gym he told me he thought my legs looked skinnier. I should buy him a nice present or something... lol.
  • janelle1993
    Options
    aww how cute! sounds like an honest sweetheart!
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Kids are so honest and cute! That's nice you got a real comment from your son!
  • katyncal
    katyncal Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    very sweet, He sounds like a awesome little man!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    lol too cute.
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I know this all too well.... Kids that age can be brutally honest. I worked parks and rec for years (had about 75- 80 kids in my group ages 8-9). At 22, i heard (coach, you are old.... but not like a dinosaur because thats my mom). Or
    (Coach, you have a big butt, but the rest of you is skinny.) ... I miss my kids, you gotta love'em. Congrats on your success!
  • 951heather
    951heather Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Your son sounds like a little sweetheart! My daughter knows I am trying to lose weight too, and when that commercial came on the radio-" Let your new life begin call 1-800 get slim"- she said "hey mom, you should call them!"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!