Im New!

Options
Hey guys..Ive actually signed about a few days ago but this is my first time posting a blog. I am a 30yr old married mom with two kids, one is a 12yr old boy and my lil girl is 1. I have been a stay at home Mom for a year now and ever since I gave birth to my baby girl i have gained over 25 lbs..well i gained 40 throughout pregnancy but only lost 15lbs and am having the hardest time trying to lose it cuz all I do is eat her left overs..ahahaha!.. until my friend told me about this site. So far I am doing well with maintaining my calories but my baby and I have been sick for the past 8days now so i haven't been working out. I am hoping this site will help me lose the lbs i gained so i can go out and show it off..LOL! i don't have much friends here so Im hoping to gain new friends as well to keep me motivated. if you guys wana add me its katebcastro@yahoo.com Talk to u ltr!:smooched:

Replies

• mkbconcina
    Options
    Yesssssss !!!!!!!!!!! Hahahaha!!! I am the "friend". Good luck to us Kate !!! I know you can do it. Imagine what I need to lose compare to yours!
  • Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    welcome :) mfp is great!! I joined prob about 2-3wks ago and im so glad I came across mfp!! everyone on here is GREAT and very supportive. It really helps logging everything and visually seeing what you are eating. Since ive been doing this, My snacking at night (huge downfall of mine) has improved majorly so far :) we are all like one big happy family on here!!
  • theidarisafa
    Options
    Fitness and health are a journey, not a destination.

As a parent, you are a huge example to your children. They will do whatever you do. They will eat just like you eat.

So try to encourage them to eat healhier foods by eating healthier foods yourself.

If you're sick, your only job is to get better. Don't worry about tracking calories while sick, just sleep as much as you can and rest. When you're better, then start tracking again. You have a LONG time to get to where you need to be and a few days being sick isn't going to prevent you from becoming healthier in the long run.

There is LOTS of support here. I've lots and gained too, and I'm a single guy. This was what was missing from the last few times I lost weight.

it's not just about a number on a scale. It's a feeling, it's the way your clothes fit.

Don't be too concerned about just losing a certain number of pounds. See it more as a journey to being more healthy. The weight will go down on the scale just by eating better and exercising.

Do not beat yourself up because you don't meet your calorie goal each day. Just get back up and do the right thing consistently.

If you child has a birthday where you eat some cake and ice cream, enjoy the moment. Maybe work out a little more the next day. You will probably go over on some days.

Believe me you'll be just fine. ;-)
  • katebcastro
    Options
    For Jess:OMG u are absolutely right!until now I have to eat sum junk food but try to limit myself..I have more junkfood then my regular meal!!not good..ahahha!i hope it improves throughout my plan...
  • katebcastro
    Options
    To theidarisafa: awwwwgh..thanks for ur support..I feel so much better:) i will definitely get back on track when im well..
  • kkyishkkii
    Options
    you'll probably find that you'll lose a couple lbs while you are sick too. Try to drink as much water as you can, not only is it good to keep yourself hydrated but it also bloats out your tummy so you are less likely to pick at leftovers.

Oh and welcome to the site :D