muscle really sore - help needed

Options
Hi,

I have working out with kettle bells and even after a day break I am still really sore. Id there any supplement or quick fix to get rid of soreness except hot baths and streching? would it be advisable to carry on after a days rest?

Any advise would really really be appreciated,

Thanks,
Tina.

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Do some kind of light cardio.
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    If I'm sore I either do swimming, yoga or have a brisk walk

Louise
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    stretch so you can use the muscles. do it a few times per day.
    also, cold shower, not hot bath. hot bath for the mind, cold shower for the muscles :)
    You can cycle the temperature of the water if you wish. 2 minutes nice and warm and comfy, then BAM, 2 minutes with the hot water off! Helps with increasing metabolism for a while aswell...

I dont have warm showers anymore put it that way.

Also, are you getting enough protein?
    you should be getting a bit in each meal/snack. that will help you recover more efficiently also.
  • isislc
    isislc Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    One trick my boot camp trainer showed me was to roll out your muscles. Try using a foam roller and then lay on the floor and roll back and forth along the roller for the muscles that are giving you the trouble. If you don't have a foam roller available, then you can use a tennis ball/softball or even a rolling pin. My favorite is the rolling pin because then you can really isolate how much pressure you're applying on the muscle to break down that scar tissue and lactic acid you developed from working out.

Then follow up like Mideon suggested, cycle between cold and hot water for your shower. This will help promote blood flow in your muscles for faster recovery. Hope this helps.
  • poptastic
    poptastic Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're doing enough stretching before and after your workout, and avoid hot baths immediately afterwards as it doesn't help your muscles!

If you're exercising today I would try focussing on a different muscle group or sticking to cardio.
  • tina_h
    tina_h Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm having protien with my food not a great amount - was thinking of investing in a post work out isolate protein shake which is a fruit drink and you just add water. I'm a bit hesitant as I've just purchased a 35 day meal plan.

Any views?

Cheers
  • jaynetibbs
    Options
    A good massage is what you need. If you were anywhere near Twickenham I would offer as I am fully qualified massage therapist (as well as a special needs teacher) byt I'm sure you will find someone near you x