PCOS venting session

Options
2»

Replies

• cataplexyfever
    Options
    This is a really outstanding link for everyone to check out. It contains a lot of information on PCOS you'll have trouble finding anywhere else:

http://m.blogtalkradio.com/show.aspx?userurl=undergroundwellness&year=2010&month=10&day=14&url=polycistic-ovarian-syndrome-underdiagnosed-and-ove

I checked out the link you posted- it took me awhile to find the radio broadcast, but it was very informative. I have so many questions for my endo now!! Its definitely helped me find the right questions to ask. THANK YOU!!

Glad I could help. I hope you find the answers you're looking for. :)
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Do you mean the spice Cinnamon? Vitex must be a prescription drug.

Vitex is not a prescription. ;) Many companies cell Cinnamon and Chormium capsules, or you can always add Cinnamon to your cereal or oatmeal in the morning too.

Vitex agnus-castus is an herb that has been used for centuries primarily for female reproductive systems. In layman's terms, taking the correct amount will result in lower prolactin levels, which influences Follicle-stimulating hormones and estrogen in women.
  • MidniteDayDream
    MidniteDayDream Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of being tested for PCOS. My husband and I are trying to start a family and I've had 2 miscarriages and have gone 3 years without getting preggo again. My cycles are anywhere from 35-75 days long. I just finished all of the blood tests and will find out the answers on the 28th when I go to my doctor. She never bothered to explain what PCOS was to me, I had to look it up myself. I"m still unsure about it other than I apparently have ovarian cysts and might not be able to have children. On top of that she's worried that I might be borderline diabetic. All she really told me was that I needed to lose weight, and a lot of it, and that she wanted to start me on Clomid.
  • cowsstealmythong
    cowsstealmythong Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me when I was 18 (6 years ago) that I had PCOS and wouldn't be able to have kids.
    Long story short, I got very depressed, lost 50 lbs, and now I have a gorgeous daughter. (However, I've gained back 70.)
    Keep your head up. Simply losing weight helps with this condition. <3
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    i have always thought that i had PCOS too but never mentioned it to anyone. :embarassed: i have had or have all of the symptoms that you all mention so i know that i am not alone. I am hoping that losing weight will make the symptoms lessen and if not, i think that it might be time i see an endo. i am afraid that meds like Metformin or birth control will make things worse for me though. we will see, thanks for all the info in this post!