starting my journey

Options
Hi! My name is Donna, I'm a Navy wife and mother of 3. I'm just getting back into an excercise routine. I'm looking to lose about 50-60lbs. Right now I'm doing Jillian Michael's Shred it with Weights and Biggest Loser for the Kinect. I'm working my way up to P90X, my husband is on round 3 of p90x and it has worked great for him but I'm just too out of shape right now to keep up. I seem to get 2 weeks in and am just too sore to function! I can't wait to read through and meet some great people!
Have a great day!

Replies

• NicholasMongold
    Options
    That sounds great! hey at least you're trying. I love p90x! i did it 3 times now i do p90x plus and insanity.
    keep it up!!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Hey, love the attitude----keep it up and you will be a pro at P90X. Good luck!
  • jjjghoffert
    Options
    I've been doing Jillian Micahels too. I am going to start with just P90 then try to work to P90X.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    congrats..my husband and i have been doing p90x for about a week, and it is hard to get into that routine. i have 57 pounds to lose, and i can hardly keep up with them, but keep pushing my way thru the workout. how is the jillian michaels working ? there are so many exercise / workout videos in creation, it's hard to decide which would be most effective. i wish you the very best of luck, and please feel free to add me. take care :)
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    how are you finding Biggest Loser for the Kinect ? I have been thinging of buying that..

Good luck on your journey!
  • NicholasMongold
    Options
    I've been doing Jillian Micahels too. I am going to start with just P90 then try to work to P90X.
    sounds great! keep going
  • dmkaiser83
    Options
    Biggest Loser is great! the body scan is a bit off but you can input your weight, height, and measurements manually. i like it because it's a different workout everyday and i don't know what's coming next! I just got done with my first workout of the day, Jillian michaels shred it with weights. I love the workout because it has 2 different levels and if i'm feeling jazzed i can do the level 2 but if i'm really sore i can do level 1 and still sweat my butt off!
    I would totally recommend BL for the Kinect, i also love dance central and i put it on workout mode so i have a general knowledge of calorie burn. i still use my HRM, but its nice to see it onscreen and gives you a little motivation to push just a bit harder.
    We also have the insanity workout, i can't wait to be able to breeze through that! My husband is in insanely great shape and works out 2-3 times a day 7 days a week. not sure i will ever have that kind of motivation, but it would be nice to at least keep up with him a little!
    thanks for all welcomes! I'm really liking it here! :D