Just starting out Intro

Options
Hi. My name is Janet and after an afternoon of searching the web on various diet sites I've settled on this one. I just used the diary and am impressed with it's ease of use!

I want to lose 15 pounds. I know that shouldn't seem like much, but I want it off before it turns to 20 or 30. About 3 years ago I went from almost 170 pounds to 140. Then at the end of 2006 I actually was pretty sick and got down to 118 pounds (skinny but not a healthy skinny for sure). Then I regained and seemed to settle in at about 140 again. But, now I'm up to 150 and I'm eating like a pig!

My strength is I like to walk and have restarted my walking program after being pretty sedantary for a year while regaining strength from my illness.

We weakness is portion control!! If it's in front of me I eat it. Plus I'm always on the go and have quite a few meetings with work. And when they put those snacks and great lunches in front of me I just go for it. Any suggestions for dealing with this will be appreciated.

I think this online forum will be great for me as I'm usually on at least once day.

Replies

• jlr1115
    jlr1115 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi. My name is Janet and after an afternoon of searching the web on various diet sites I've settled on this one. I just used the diary and am impressed with it's ease of use!

I want to lose 15 pounds. I know that shouldn't seem like much, but I want it off before it turns to 20 or 30. About 3 years ago I went from almost 170 pounds to 140. Then at the end of 2006 I actually was pretty sick and got down to 118 pounds (skinny but not a healthy skinny for sure). Then I regained and seemed to settle in at about 140 again. But, now I'm up to 150 and I'm eating like a pig!

My strength is I like to walk and have restarted my walking program after being pretty sedantary for a year while regaining strength from my illness.

We weakness is portion control!! If it's in front of me I eat it. Plus I'm always on the go and have quite a few meetings with work. And when they put those snacks and great lunches in front of me I just go for it. Any suggestions for dealing with this will be appreciated.

I think this online forum will be great for me as I'm usually on at least once day.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Welcome.gif
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    Don't know how to say it as nice as shorerider, but welcome!
    Got to get ready for work, but I'll try to get back to you on the snacks and lunches.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome!

You will see that not only are we a great group of people with lots of advice, but we come from all walks of life with different degrees of weight to lose.

Just be careful!! The forums are addictive!!!

:flowerforyou:
    See you around darlin'!!