workouts...

Options
Is there anyone out there that is significantly over weight that loves working out as much as I? Everytime I work out I just want to stay 15 more min and burn more calories and when I'm not working out, all I think about is the next time I will workout. I love the feeling it gives me afterwards especially and I definately love the numbers ont the scale going down! :) Is that weird or is everyone like that? Im at least about 60lb over weight and I would have thought that I would have given up already and been to lazy to workout but now it seems like I'm actually wanting to do more and more each week and I try to find time in my schedule to workout.

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, too. Its like a good drug--a high--it makes you feel so much better on the inside and the outside. I remember when I lost my first 40 pounds, my body was screaming at me to start exercising ( I had not begun before that), it was amazing, so that is when I started and I realy, really like it. I still have another 50 to lose.
  • RaeBella13
    Options
    Me! I love working out! Once I get to the gym, I have a hard time wanting to leave!
    It's an awesome feeling!!!
  • Good to know i'm not the only one, It really is like a really addictive drug!
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I love going to hot yoga, oddly enough,even though with 56 pounds to lose I am definitely the heaviest one there most of the time!!
  • bederosa86
    bederosa86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I love to watch the calories go up on whatever machine I'm using at the time. Its a great feeling for me, because I've never been especially athletic and so I'm also loving building up stamina.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I usually don't feel that way until I workout for a while. I have to drag myself to the gym, but once I'm there, I just want to keep going! I have to force myself to stop after an hour or I end up being exhausted the rest of the night.

Shannon
  • ShaylaBug
    Options
    I love working out too. Yesterday when we were working out, if i didnt have to study I would have stayed for another hour or so. We should go on the weekends too when we both dont have stuff going on.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I have always enjoyed the sensations of physical activity. By that, I mean I have always enjoyed the physical feeling of working out, independent of any fitness or weight loss benefits.

As a fitness professional I am always aware that not everyone feels that way about exercise and provide the appropriate guidelines and routines. Those who see exercise as an unpleasant chore can need nurturing, support, and whatever tricks I can think of to keep them going until, hopefully, one day the spark goes off and they develop a more "internal" desire.
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I recently found that internal drive, that internal motivation to workout.

Every session to me is now fun. Regardless of difficulty, and none of them are easy....
    Take this morning: As daunting as what I had planned for myself was, i couldnt wait to get started and go for that PB.

Each workout, i always think of myself (from last workout), as that other guy. gotta beat that guy. just gotta.

Its this self conpetition that drives me to better myself each week. And for the last 2 months, each week has seen atleast two improvements. Whether it be a cardio improvement, or a stregth etc is not important, just beating something is awesome.

I dont have a full time training partner really, so i find this the best thing.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I totally love to workout! I've always been a lover of sports, but I also am the type of person to push myself to the max. My husband calls me his Drill Sargent because I love exercise so much and I especially love the feeling when you know you've pushed your body to the max, and you can feel that inner strength. There's just nothing like that feeling!! I sometimes get kind of selfish though and prefer to workout on my own. I just love that time as "me" time...time to meditate, time to dig deep, and time to sweat my butt off!

I do have "off" days where initially I don't feel like it...but I remember that natural high I get and know that within 5 minutes of my workout I am feeling on top of the world again.
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. Once I'm back in the workout mindset, I really quite enjoy it!! I am part of a challenge on here to do 24 hours of exercise in February which is a real motivator. I did 25 hours in Janaury and hope to do more this month.
    I enjoy how great I feel afterwards, I may be tired but then I feel like I deserve to chill for a little bit on the couch and watch TV.
    :heart:
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I used to have that, and then I misplaced it but, I'm finding it again i think! I can't wait to get back there!!