Options
Krizzle4Rizzle
Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
I would have to say sense of humor.

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Honesty/trustworthiness. I can't be with someone if I can't be sure they're totally honest with me.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Options
    Yes! That is a good one!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Intelligence. I have to be able to have a smart conversation with the person and he doesn't feel intimidated by the fact that I'm intelligent as well. It's good that I'm dating a fellow rocket scientist... hahahaha
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Intelligence. I have to be able to have a smart conversation with the person and he doesn't feel intimidated by the fact that I'm intelligent as well. It's good that I'm dating a fellow rocket scientist... hahahaha

AGREED! Definitely intelligence.
  • Charlie001
    Options
    Loyalty. You can be honest and still be disloyal. You will just admit to the discretions.
  • ajbeans
    Options
    Loyalty. You can be honest and still be disloyal. You will just admit to the discretions.

True. But at least if they're honest about the indiscretions, then I have the opportunity to decide what I want to do about it. :)
  • Meganne1982
    Options
    Definitely sense of humor. I'm engaged now, but I used to always say- if a guy can make me laugh, I'll probably make-out with him...
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Respect. If they respect you, they won't be dishonest, and when you want to talk about something intelligent they'll try. I went back to college, and my husband would research things I was studying so that we could talk about them (for example Greek civilization, classical music, and the physics of how music works). Now THAT"S love!
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    The first thing that attracts me to someone is their sense of humor! I consider myself to be pretty funny and entertaining and I like someone that can make me giggle. (This is my number one for all people that I choose to keep around in my life).
  • Griffin90
    Griffin90 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Someone who is easy to talk to. Someone who understands what you mean even if you don't say it the right way. And someone who understands when you are joking around.

And I have found it.

Becareful what you wish for in honesty ladies. I read in a post where a boyfriend told his girlfriend he thought she was fat. He was being honest.
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    i would have to say that, initially, looks bring me to someone. BUT, after the initial attraction, looks dont play a role anymore. definitely sense of humor/intelligence. i'm an extremely sarcastic and witty person. they've gotta be able to take it and/or give it back. :bigsmile:
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Options
    Definitely sense of humor. I'm engaged now, but I used to always say- if a guy can make me laugh, I'll probably make-out with him...

That's how I am too!
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Intelligence and an acerbic sense of humor
  • Charlie001
    Options

True. But at least if they're honest about the indiscretions, then I have the opportunity to decide what I want to do about it. :)

But if they are loyal, there are no indiscretions to worry about.
  • ajbeans
    Options
    Becareful what you wish for in honesty ladies. I read in a post where a boyfriend told his girlfriend he thought she was fat. He was being honest.

My husband is honest. If I ask him if I've put on weight, I would hope that he would be honest with me and tell me. And he has. But you can be honest and tactful at the same time. "Honesty" doesn't mean "brutal." Only jerks use "honesty" as an excuse to be mean.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

Ditto. :laugh:
  • brittlynne3579
    brittlynne3579 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Honest and humorous....top 2 things!
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Respect. If they respect you, they won't be dishonest, and when you want to talk about something intelligent they'll try. I went back to college, and my husband would research things I was studying so that we could talk about them (for example Greek civilization, classical music, and the physics of how music works). Now THAT"S love!

I'm going with respect, too. And not just respect for you - respect for others. I think seeing the way a person interacts with other people is a good indicator of their values. But sense of humor is a close second for me. I can't imagine being with someone who is serious all the time and can't goof off and have fun.
  • qtwells82
    Options
    Maturity
    Thats why my boyfriend is 10 years older than me. He already went through the drinking and partying stage...now his focus is family. I <3 him

Oh and it helps that he is a hot firefighter too :tongue:
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Definitely sense of humor.

When I first met my wife, I was definitely attracted to her. But, I'm a guy, and I was 17 at the time, so let's face it, I found a lot of women attractive. But, when she smiled, it went to a different level. I loved trying to make her laugh and be able to see that smile. Fortunately, we found each other funny.

It's been almost 20 years since we met, and 9 1/2 we've been married, and it still feels the same when I see her smile; everything is right in my world.