Oh my gosh i keep messing up

Options
Ok i try to lose weight i even bought some taebo tapes and this week i only had one day off and i havent worked out at all this week only oncewhich was on Sunday. Last week i worked everyday for six days straight and like im trying to lose 20 pounds. I keep messing up cause everytime i wanna lose wieght something always come up. the only good thing is that i ate pretty well this week probaly could drink more fluids but the workout didnt happen this week. Should i just give up how can i work out and still work im so tired when i get home?? How you guys doin this need advice???

Replies

• cyntia
    cyntia Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ok i try to lose weight i even bought some taebo tapes and this week i only had one day off and i havent worked out at all this week only oncewhich was on Sunday. Last week i worked everyday for six days straight and like im trying to lose 20 pounds. I keep messing up cause everytime i wanna lose wieght something always come up. the only good thing is that i ate pretty well this week probaly could drink more fluids but the workout didnt happen this week. Should i just give up how can i work out and still work im so tired when i get home?? How you guys doin this need advice???
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, because no matter how many times you mess up, tomorrow is a new day and you can start again. I generally HATE working out. Even when I find something I sorta like, I can only stick with it for so long. Like you I am very tired and lazy when I get home from work, so I started walking on my lunch breaks. I generally eat lunch for half an hour and then walk for the other half hour. Or if I need to do extra I eat while I work so I can walk my entire lunch hour.

I do this four days a week, taking one work day off so I can actually relax and enjoy my lunch break one day and I don't typically walk on weekends. I've been keeping this up for almost three months now and I am still not tired of it. While I do love my days off from walking, I also love the days I do walk. Walking at work gives me a chance to get away from the office for a while, just put my headphones in and get lost in my own little world. At home there are always a million other things that I'd rather do, so walking at work has really worked out well for me.

Not everyone is able to do this on their lunch hour, but the key is finding something you enjoy and at a time when you can enjoy it. Liking your routine makes it a lot easier to stick with it. Plus when you start to see result, it will pump you up more and make you excited to stick with it. Good luck!
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    technically, you don't NEED to workout to lose weight. just make sure you watch your calories. i'm totally the same way, the last thing i want to do when i get home is workout. but i found bellydancing, which i LOVE, and its generally the only exercise i get. find a form of exercise you like, and try to do it at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes.

good luck:flowerforyou:
    em, the dancing diva
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I used to hate excercise but I'm getting so I kind of like it. I really like jogging now, I cant go for that long yet, but when I go, the amount I do makes me feel GREAT. theoretically you can lose weight without excercise, thats true, but you CAN'T be healthy without daily physical activity, even if it's just some power walking or something thrown in. You just need to find something you like. how about swimming, jogging, dancing. cycling, roller blading, trampoline, skipping rope, yoga, aerobics, kickboxing, tennis, basketball, beach volleyball, lol endless possibilities!
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Well start next week all new. Keep your body moving as much as you can. I've been sick all week so I gained wight . I will have try more next week. I'm sure you can find 3 min to do something. I do 3 mins on my ab thing and its better than nothing.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

did you get the Tae Bo Eight minute work out? who don't have eight teeny tiny minutes - it is a great workout and it works!! Use that to build upon!

you can do this - make a plan. stick to it. YOU.....CAN.....DO......THIS......
  • bleachcse
    bleachcse Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Here's what I do. I'm always exhausted when I get home, but my husband set me up a little area in our basement with my exercise bike and the television. So I can settle in and get my exercise while relaxing to my favorite TV show. It really helps make the time go by faster and I'm in my own home, which is much easier for me than going to the gym. It keeps me from getting bored and I still feel like I'm getting to relax since I'm watching tv. I would never make it to the gym after work, but I can make it to my basement.
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    wake up an hour earlier and workout for 45 mins. And to help your self think about all those calories you get to eat when you workout