Heel spurs

Options
I love to walk/jog on the treadmill but afterward my heels hurt like I am walking on glass. When I do any other cardio I am fine. i bought the heel inserts but it hasnt helped. Have tried 3 different pairs of shoes. Does anyone have any suggestions??

Replies

• AFitasticYou
    Options
    What helps for me is taking a few days off. I know the dreaded time off!! And it can be hard to get back into it. But that is the only thing that helps me. After I feel better I go at it again and it usually doesn't hurt me for a while.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I have heel spurs! Hope to get them taken care of this year. Taking a day off from walking doesn't help when they are severe. The only shoe I can wear are Birkenstocks. The hardness of the shoe let's me walk for hours on end with no pain what so ever. They have tennie shoes, Mary janes, many cute styles now and not the ugly two strap sandle.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I've been having trouble with the balls of my feet... the soft area right below where my toes start. It feels like it's bruised. Certain cardio bothers it, others do not. It's mostly the rolling from toe to heel that's a killer. Jump roping and step aerobics are fine, so I've had to do those and give up the cardio machines for a while...

A friend of mine had heel spurs and actually had to have them wrapped by a doctor because they hurt so much.

Shannon