Polar FT7

Options
Just bought mine last night... set it up... and cant WAIT to use it tonight at the gym. I haven't gone online and read all the info on it... but does it work during weight training as well.. or just cardio? Do you guys wear it during every exercise you do? or just cardio? Anyone ever worn it in a pool?

If you have one, tell me all about it =)

Replies

• jaybaileys
    Options
    I have the ft40. I use it mostly for cardio and it is awesome. When I wear it during weight training the ccalories burned I think are low. Someone told me the hr monitor itself how it works is set up better for cardio. The algorythms are different or something. Way above my paygrade, all I know is it works great for cardio and I love mine.
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have Polar FT4 and I have used it for weight and the calories were low. I really didn't do that many weights so that may be why. It is great for cardio. Today I think I am just going to do what I usally do at gym then use the total verses stopping after weights to see how many I burned.
  • jjeckels
    Options
    I have the FT7 and I wear it for any/all exercises. I have not used it in a pool...didn't konw this one could do that.
    You will love it...:tongue:
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have an FT60 and I wear it for everything, I have worn it swimming but I use a t13 coded belt then rather than the wear link belt it came with, that is more by choice though as the wear link belt is supposed to be ok for swimming. I absolutely love my FT60.
  • Kaye8395BTS
    Kaye8395BTS Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I also have the Polar FT7 - I wear it for my strength training just to see...also during my cardio and more recently SHOVELING!!!
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I LOVE mine! :) I wear it in the pool to do water aerobics. I also wear it every time I exercise. My strap is getting old so I I think it is having a harder time in the pool, but will still pick up the signal part of the time. I've had mine a year and have used it MANY MANY hours.....so I may be investing in a new strap. I hope you love your FT7 too! :)
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I also have the Polar FT7 - I wear it for my strength training just to see...also during my cardio and more recently SHOVELING!!!

do you think the strength training numbers are accurate? or low?

As for shoveling.... UGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! what about ice chipping? Pretty sure i had a good upper body workout today scraping my ice encrusted car! And my heart rate was up while panicing on my drive to work!
  • outersoul
    Options
    Good question. I'm buying one this weekend and was wondering too how people liked theirs. Thanks OP!