HRM

juliebrc1
juliebrc1 Posts: 25
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I just got a Polar FS3 HRM. I don't understand how to figure out how to get my calories burned. I did not see a place for me to enter my weight. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Did it come with a user manual? If so, check that out. If not, go to the Polar website and you should be able to find a user manual. When all else fails, you can always YouTube it. :)
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Well, I just did a quick google search (seriously, it's so easy) and it doesn't look like that particular model tells you the calories burned. It seems to just tell you your average and max heart rates for your workouts.
  • Echoshill
    Echoshill Posts: 42 Member
    Agree with icky, looks like that model will not give you the information you want directly.

However......

I use a TIMEX race trainer elite, which does, but I always double check my calories here:
    http://www.triathlontrainingblog.com/calculators/calories-burned-calculator-based-on-average-heart-rate/

It uses avghr which it sounds like your watch does give you. Keep in mind that this estimate may be off compared to actual because average does not take in to account time@HR. In other words, and if you are still reading, 50mins at 180bpm is worth more than 20mins at 120bpm though the average hr might be 150bpm for 70mins.

Again, like icky said (indirectly), a little reading and self searching will go you a long way. IN this case it may have saved you some money as well.
  • Sorry that this came across as me being lazy. I read the manual and thought that maybe I missed something. It looks like this is not the model I wanted. :( Thanks for your advice.
This discussion has been closed.