Exercising 2 Much???

Options
2»

Replies

• scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I've found that working out is like a drug now! I don't know why I avoid it for so long.

If you really need to work out practically every day, do alternating body parts, so work out your upper body on the Monday, Wednesday & Friday and your lower body on Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday (or a schedule that works for you). I like cardio every day, but maybe take it a little easier -- like Zumba only a couple times a week and not on a day when you've done a lot of other cardio. I also find that helps me bring my A game!
  • SherryJDI
    Options
    Thanks for all of your advice... I do feel I need to take a day off... I know I am going to feel guilty taking a day off but I am going to have to make myself... So today will be my rest day for this week.... Now what to do with myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again!!!!
    Sherry
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Rest is just as important as working out:

http://thehealthyapron.com/2011/02/02/recharge-rebuild-and-rejuvenate/

Charmagne
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Sometimes i don't take a break..can go weeks and weeks without stopping. If i feel i need a day off i take it..if im feeling well enough, i go on..I do get tired, but sometimes i feel so pumped to workout its like an addiction.
  • barberella
    Options
    Yes! Listen to your body. I learned the hard way, and it scared me. I was doing the same thing you were. Exercising at lunch, exercising at home. Ab exercises every day, lifting weights, Wii fitness games, treadmill, bicycle machines, racquetball 5 times a week, etc. THen last Sunday, I woke up, and it hit me. I don't know what it was but my body was physically exhausted! I laid in bed all day with no appetite whatsoever. I was absolutely worthless to the world. And that's not good for being a mom! But my boyfriend said it best, "Listen to your body and take a day off". The next day I was fine, but I seriously felt like I had been body slammed!
  • wonk1968
    Options
    seems a lot of exercise especially if you have only been doing it a few weeks, definetaly need rest days to allow the muscles
    to repair & recover. dont feel guily for having a day of your body needs it
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    Agree w/ everyone else - slow down. You won't lose any conditioning in 1-2 off days a week. On the contrary, you'll come back at it stronger when you're rested which will be more effective. I understand - it can get addicting - but try to step back and look at the bigger picture. Best wishes!
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    No you must rest in between and if it is fifty pounds left to lose you will not see it anytime soon, reason muscle weigh more than fat
  • jcch00
    jcch00 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yes, that is too much exercise. You will eventually become resentful and quit altogether. I've been there myself. Just do 1 hour of exercise 3-5x a week. Switch it up daily between cardio and strength-training (yoga/pilates/weights). I work out 1 hour daily Monday through Friday only. I take weekends off.