Sleep and working out

MelissaE27
MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Ive always had trouble sleeping ....Ive been on sleep medications for years. Well I have been recently working out and I cant believe how sound I sleep... Im hoping Ill be able to come off the sleep meds soon if this continues. Its amazing..lol who knew :)

Replies

• eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    isnt it wonderful! as soon as i started working out i started sleeping so good i picked up SNORING! haha :P not the most attractive habit, but it's amazing how great i sleep. hope you continue to sleep good and get off the meds soon! :]
  • ever since i was a small child. i can remember as early as 5 having trouble FALLING asleep.
    and it's been like that my whole life- i perk up at night and then the sleep doesnt come. i have named it "night owl syndrome" but now that i'm so active not only do i just lay down, close my eyes, and fall tos leep. but i sleep like a frickin' ROCK! its awesome! i used to be plaugued by really unrestful sleep because my mind would still be giving me all these weird dreams. and although everyone still dreams weather they remember or not, my point is that the dreams no longer affect my QUALITY of sleep.

the sleeping issue alone is enough to keep me exercsing on a regular basis!
    congrats to both of us!
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    I was never on meds, but constantly using Tylenol PM, MidNite, or anything else that made me sleepy... it's AWESOME how great you sleep once you get your butt moving!!! Congrats to you for getting active and discovering all the WONDERFUL side effects :smile:
  • MelissaE27
    isnt it wonderful! as soon as i started working out i started sleeping so good i picked up SNORING! haha :P not the most attractive habit, but it's amazing how great i sleep. hope you continue to sleep good and get off the meds soon! :]

LOL that is too funny but hey who cares if you snore as long as its a good night sleep :) ...
  • MelissaE27
    yes I never knew working could make you feel good.. there was a day or 2 I didnt feel like it but made myself and just the energy itself that comes with exercising is amazing.... Im going to say MIracle drug!
This discussion has been closed.