Cholesterol Test and Exercise

Options
I am taking a cholesterol test tomorrow and I know that I have to fast 12 hours prior.

I usually go to the gym on Sat. mornings and I top it off with a swim and a 10-15 minute session in the jaccuzzi (my knees feel better afterwards--osteoarthritis).

I was wondering if it was ok and if the exercise will change my blood chemistry. SongByrdSweet? You're one of the most knowledgable.

Thanks!

25341.png

Replies

• BritCom Fan
    Options
    I am taking a cholesterol test tomorrow and I know that I have to fast 12 hours prior.

I usually go to the gym on Sat. mornings and I top it off with a swim and a 10-15 minute session in the jaccuzzi (my knees feel better afterwards--osteoarthritis).

I was wondering if it was ok and if the exercise will change my blood chemistry. SongByrdSweet? You're one of the most knowledgable.

Thanks!

25341.png
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Awe, thank you! :bigsmile: It's best not to exercise on a fast anyway, and yes, it can change your blood chemistry. Lipids can be released into the bloodstream in response to exertion, especially when your blood sugar levels are lower (which they will be). I'd wait until after the test and a meal before doing any exercise. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Awe, thank you! :bigsmile: It's best not to exercise on a fast anyway, and yes, it can change your blood chemistry. Lipids can be released into the bloodstream in response to exertion, especially when your blood sugar levels are lower (which they will be). I'd wait until after the test and a meal before doing any exercise. Good luck! :flowerforyou:

You da bomb diggity girl!! :drinker:

I found the question an interesting one and was sitting on pins and needles waiting for your answer!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

You da bomb diggity girl!! :drinker:

I found the question an interesting one and was sitting on pins and needles waiting for your answer!!

LOL well it's a good thing I had one! :laugh:
  • BritCom Fan
    Options
    [Thanks SBS! I posted before leaving work and you came through before I got home.

You're great!

Thank you!:happy:

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]25341.png[/url]