Hi I'm Joanie and I'm overweight:)~!!

Options
I'm already feeling like I've been dieting for months now and it's only been a week!!! It did take me years to put all this weight on but I'm working my booty off to make it come off!! I can't stand the fact that somebody can try 1/2 as hard as me and lose 10lbs to my 3lbs!!! I think I need to purchase a better working metabolism!!!

Replies

• squitzwife
    squitzwife Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i know the feeling! I just started and I'm hoping to loose a steady 1 lb a week. All the other dieting was ok-but sooooo hard to stick too. I'll take all the support I can get!
  • AydensMom528
    Options
    I'm right there with you hun. The first week or two I dropped a lot (now realizing that was water weight mostly) and NOW I seem to be at a brick wall or moving very, very slowly. GRRRRR.
  • KWSR16
    KWSR16 Posts: 91
    Options
    I need to buy one of those too! lol

It is especially upsetting when my boyfriend can eat god knows how many calories in a single handful and yet he still looks like a twig (as seen in my profile picture), and I just smell a brownie and seem to gain weight!!

But dont get discouraged!!! After all that hard work it is just THAT much more rewarding! Dedication and will power will get you there! It seems like its a never ending uphill battle, but just wait till you get to the top! The view (I hear) is GREAT! :) So stay positive and dont focus on the scale, remember how your clothes are fitting is just as important!!!
  • DianaSlay
    Options
    I have been working hard to lose this weight also, but I gain a pound and lose a pound and just can't seem to get ahead. I am eating much less than I was and exercising at least 30 minutes a day with no success. I am trying some herbal meds my doctor recommended to give my body a boost to see if this will help. I will let you know if I have any success.
  • FainJ
    FainJ Posts: 25
    Options
    Hello, and welcome to this great site. I've fallen off the wagon and just now getting back into it. For a while, seemed like things were going great, then I just quit logging my food and ate everything. That didn't work well! So, now I'm keeping my food diary, starting to exercise and signed up for a half marathon in Nashville 30 April. Keep at it, log your food, move some and count your exercise calories too. Good luck and congratulations to your Auburn team!
  • Sasha198
    Sasha198 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When you find where you can by one will you let me know? My girlfriend is always preaching that the slower it comes off the more likely i am to keep it off so hopefully!
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hey Joanie! Stick with it... believe me it will be sooo worth it! Good luck to everyone else as well. Don't give up and TRY to be patient!!
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi Joanie!

Welcome first of all. Send me a friend request if you'd like. You need to make sure that you're drinking water. And make sure you put everything in your food log. EVERYTHING! And you have to give your body time to adjust to this new lifestlyle. So maybe you would want to eat "normal" for a few days to see where you can improve then taking food out. Take care and best of luck!
  • weagle81
    weagle81 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank yall for being so supportive.. I'm really glad I joined this site!!! Getting to see REAL people working on their goals.. awesome.. I guess they'll be ups and downs on this road, and I'm as ready now to do this as I will ever be:).. I'm drinking so much water I'm drowning.. I need a bathroom beside my desk!! I can't wait to see the light at the end of the tunnel, thats my inspiration! BEING HAPPY WITH ME! Oh and thanks FainJ !! WAR EAGLE!