My daughter....

Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
edited September 23 in Chit-Chat
is a miniature Jillian! She's 5 and when I work out is always going "faster mommy, go harder!" She also said she wants a spinach salad for lunch with "extra broccoli and tomatoes." She is hysterical! She's still in the basement working out doing her jumping jacks and working out with her soup can weights. That's my girl!!!!

Replies

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    How adorable! I love it! :smile: I know you must be so proud of her. Good for you for setting such a positive example for her. :flowerforyou:
  • TOO FUNNY! Keep up the good work mom! :laugh:
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,271 Member
    Thats awesome! My 4 year old is always trying to do push ups with me. Its great to inspire our kids. Its even better when they can push you further. Make sure you tell her how important her support is :)
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    That is super cute! And it's awesome that you're instilling healthy habits in her.
  • Lisa1971
    Thanks! I am raising her and my 1 year old son to be active and healthy. My husband is thin but has TERRIBLE eating habits and my daughter is always policing what he eats. So I bascially have to tell her that daddy has choices and unfortunately, he makes the wrong ones with his eating habits and it's nothing she or I can change. I tell her that we can choose to eat healthy though. She also tells me "mommy you don't NEED to lose weight." So cute. So I tell her that I exercise not to lose weight (even though I am!) but to get healthy!
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Just be careful not to talk about losing weight in front of her. I have known of children who have become anorexic because they overheard their mother talking about losing weight. HOWEVER, Every child should have a parent teaching them about nutrition and the importance of exercise. This would GREATLY solve our obesity epidemic of children if every parent did what you are doing! Good job!
  • Lisa1971
    Just be careful not to talk about losing weight in front of her. I have known of children who have become anorexic because they overheard their mother talking about losing weight. HOWEVER, Every child should have a parent teaching them about nutrition and the importance of exercise. This would GREATLY solve our obesity epidemic of children if every parent did what you are doing! Good job!

I did at first but now I NEVER tell her I need to lose weight, or I'm fat, etc. etc. I just talk about being healthy and strong. :)
  • soup can weights! that's too cute!!
This discussion has been closed.