Good Choices on the Road

Options
FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
I had to go for a mini road trip about an hour each way and when the hungries hit on my way back I was driving thru one of THOSE areas with tons of choices some good most not so good. I pulled into the one strip mall and there was a chinese, mexican(two of my occasional downfalls) and a duh duh duh dun duh...Panera. Panera is getting acclaim for being healthy, fresh, and eco friendly. I decided to go for panera. I never realized how GOOD it was. It was a great victory for me, considering I was starving and still chose the healthiest option. I think I am in love with panera now...

Replies

• Kristierlong
    Kristierlong Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Panera is awesome, i love it!
  • KWSR16
    KWSR16 Posts: 91
    Options
    Panera really is good for you and it is sooooo YUMMY! :) good choice! Keep up with your good choices!

PS. I LOVE your quote from Jillian Michaels!!
  • FitJoani
    Options
    I used to always hit it up for a bagel and still do. Its great pre race food actually. I have eaten one actual meal there once(the veggie sandwich) and it was not great not awful...but I think it is gonna become my new go to "take out". I mean I love pita pit and chipolte but niether were around..they both even if caloric are quality calories
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I love it too - we have been eating there for years. You do have to watch out though because even some of their healthy foods have high calorie counts. I love that they now put the calories right up on the menu. Their website is really good too because you can both download a pdf and go to a meal planner where you can customize your items so if you want dressing on the side you will know how much that saves in calories fat etc.
  • FitJoani
    Options
    I love it too - we have been eating there for years. You do have to watch out though because even some of their healthy foods have high calorie counts. I love that they now put the calories right up on the menu. Their website is really good too because you can both download a pdf and go to a meal planner where you can customize your items so if you want dressing on the side you will know how much that saves in calories fat etc.
    I automatically dont do the mayo cause I am allergic to eggs so thats some calories saved
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I love Panera and eat there a few times a month for lunch! Usually I go for the Pick 2 with a Ham & Swiss (no mayo, add dijon) and a Greek Salad. I know, the salad isn't perfect, but it's SOOOO delicious. Even with the baguette it's like 640 calories, which is quite a bit, but not so much that you've ruined the day! Watch the menu board, I also love that they've posted the calorie counts. Makes choosing that much easier! Enjoy!
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing about Panera now is that they have the calories right on the menu! How awesome is that?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!