American superheroes missing in Hollywood (Reuters)

Options
Check this out! What are your thoughts?

"America doesn't produce strapping actors anymore," said one Oscar-nominated producer, who declined to be identified, pointing out that American action stars at this stage consist of thespians with more boyish appeal such as Leonardo DiCaprio , who fought his ways through dreams in last summer's "Inception," and Shia LaBeouf , palling around with giant robots in " Transformers : Dark of the Moon."

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.reuters.com/american-superheroes-missing-hollywood-reuters

Replies

• LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I read a funny article on BBC saying that a Brit being cast as Superman was payback for us casting a Yank as Sherlock Holmes lol
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Isn't that the darn truth?! For a woman who likes a big, strong man, there's nothing worth looking at in Hollywood. *sigh*
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Leonardo and Shia are still boys to me.
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    America has gone to the "Every Man" look (did anyone else catch the Simpsons, haha?). It has become unfashionable to worship hot, ripped bodies. Instead, we're supposed to be okay with overweight actors because so many people are obese. Trying to "normalize" a problem does not make it less of a problem.

If you don't believe that here's a statistic for you: 1 in 10 kids in now diagnosed with autism. Should we just sit back and accept autism as normal? I think not.

I've got Insanity and P90X. Both kick my butt too much!
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    Well, it's not really hollywood but the TV Superman Tom Welling is a buff hottie :) At least we have him! lol
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    We do live in a different world, a lazier world, a world that seems to not care about the consequences of being morbidly obese. We live in a world where seeing a dead man being wheeled to the graveyard on the back of a flatbed truck is a reality. Instead of actors getting in shape for a role like Arnold use to do, we live in a world where actors wear cheap molded plastic, and they call him a superhero. We live in a world where a doctor will tell a patient who is sixty pounds overweight that his diabetes is the result of heredity, and has nothing to do with his weight. We will soon be living in a world where the government will regulate those waistlines if we don't do it ourselves; and that's the world we should all be trying to avoid.
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    British actors work a lot cheaper than American actors, and that's the reason they're getting all the roles.
  • exercisesucks
    Options
    And why the heck are they remaking Spiderman again?
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    And why the heck are they remaking Spiderman again?

Yeah i was wondering the same thing!!!